Outcasts

Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

Poorhouse Road

dangrsmind

Poorhouse Road

Post by dangrsmind on Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:48 am

A thread to discuss nothing but Poorhouse Road. Links to maps, images, etc. Theorizing about why Sam ended up out there in the middle of nowhere etc. I'm going to bring in some content from the WS snarf today to get us started.
    ziggy

Re: Poorhouse Road

Post by ziggy on Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:57 pm

flower flower flower
    THANKS
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind on Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind on Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:30 pm

Blou wrote, "The first one, the one with Farmville in it goes to the location of Poorhouse Farm, which the road takes its name from. That farm was the actual Prince Edward County poorhouse farm. There were farms like that all over the state. A bit about it here under VIRGINIA L. AND CHARLIE LOUIS JONES, JR.

The second link is pretty close to the target. The house on the East side of the road immediately to the South was for sale recently and its address is 1408. It must have sold or been taken off the market, because I can't find it listed any more. I compared a Google street view with the picture and it was definitely that house. It looks like a factory built home set on a base with a fake stone surround. The link that used to work is this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] maybe someone who is both skeptical and motivated can track the picture down. Any lurking real estate agents with a MLS link?

Sam would have been very visible to any number of people if he were stuck across from any of those driveways. A car on a country road at night is audible for a good half mile and visible for more depending on the terrain and the positions of observer and observed. The houses are really pretty close together in the 1400's, which is why I earlier suggested he may have started to see too many houses and decided to turn back if he were looking for someplace secluded. If instead he was just hoping to finally get turned around, there were several opportunities. The fact that he did get stuck illustrates just what a pain it can be to try to turn around on a VA country road at night. I have been in exactly that same situation before and nearly been stuck.

Poorhouse Road most definitely doesn't go to Rice. It's only connection to Rice is that's where that area's mail is addressed. Its northern end is at US460, and its southern end is at what Google mistakenly calls county road 696. In Virginia, the only counties with county roads are Arlington and Henrico counties. The rest are all state roads unless they are within the limits of an incorporated city. Towns may have roads too I'm not sure and I digress.
    ziggy

Post by ziggy on Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:45 pm

I ponder that maybe he was going to find a remote place where he could pull over and sleep with the car hidden and then drive to the airport, hence the movie and the pills. He had not slept, so he tells people later, for days. His flight was not for a while but it seems he was packed because when the car had to be towed, he grabbed his black bag with his stuff and was good to go home.

Plan: drive Mark's car to an off-road location close enough to get back on a main road to the airport, bring some meds for sleep and a computer with a movie to watch while getting sleepy. Wake up and drive to airport.
    AndresEscobar

Post by AndresEscobar on Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:44 pm

ziggy wrote:I ponder that maybe he was going to find a remote place where he could pull over and sleep with the car hidden and then drive to the airport, hence the movie and the pills. He had not slept, so he tells people later, for days. His flight was not for a while but it seems he was packed because when the car had to be towed, he grabbed his black bag with his stuff and was good to go home.

Plan: drive Mark's car to an off-road location close enough to get back on a main road to the airport, bring some meds for sleep and a computer with a movie to watch while getting sleepy. Wake up and drive to airport.

This might be it, Zigz. I think you nailed it. cherry albino :farao:
    blouAngel

Post by blouAngel on Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:57 pm

That's an interesting theory Ziggy. One question it raises though is how would he have watched the movie. Well two questions, why that one?
    TiffaniLane

Post by TiffaniLane on Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:59 pm

If the computer were chrged you could easily watch one movie before the battery gave out.

And as far as why that movie, i'm speculating it was one that was just there and he picked up. Not sure tho.
    blouAngel

Post by blouAngel on Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:05 pm

I don't remember a laptop in the evidence taken from the car. That doesn't mean there wasn't one, I just didn't remember one. I need to go back and take a look at the lists of what was in the car.
    TiffaniLane

Post by TiffaniLane on Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:07 pm

1 HP Pavilion Laptop computer, also several cables for it with red stains on them, also 1 Netflix movie w/ the title “The Last House on the Left”

as listed on the warrant all I could think is that the computer was possibly charged.
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine on Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:07 pm

Yeah, but did he watch that movie before or after her killed all of those people? I have never seen the new version of that movie, but the old version is pretty explicit and if you haven't seen it, you should. I have been told though that are very different.
    TiffaniLane

Post by TiffaniLane on Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:10 pm

I watched the new one and heard how disturbing the old one was.- but honestly it's just that, i mean i've watched it. I don't think he used it for any kind of fuel I mean...he had plenty of that personally without the need for the movie...maybe? who knows...
    ziggy

Post by ziggy on Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:13 pm

dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind on Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:48 pm

ziggy wrote:

Was he out on Poorhouse Road watching that movie? KInd of a weird thing to do, but not any weirder than the rest of the story I guess.
    TiffaniLane

Post by TiffaniLane on Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:50 pm

dangrsmind wrote:
    ziggy wrote:

Was he out on Poorhouse Road watching that movie? KInd of a weird thing to do, but not any weirder than the rest of the story I guess.

welll....if we go with he was looking for somewhere to rest, then I don't think he had gotten to the point of watching the movie when the car was stuck in the ditch, so I don't think he had watched it that night. he may have before then.
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind on Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:06 pm

TiffaniLane wrote:
    dangrsmind wrote:
    ziggy wrote:

welll....if we go with he was looking for somewhere to rest, then I don't think he had gotten to the point of watching the movie when the car was stuck in the ditch, so I don't think he had watched it that night. he may have before then.

Either way, kind of an interesting choice of film to watch after killing four people. Along with the thing about reading Dexter, I'm going to file this under "Things that Make Me Go Hmmm."
    ziggy

Post by ziggy on Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:10 pm

I agree - if he did watch this or bring it with to watch and he did request the Dexter books, I have a hard time believing he's not excited about killing or having killed etc.

It doesn't bode well with a theory that Sam is just a nice kid who exploded in a heat of passion because of a girl. Seems more like he's very interested in hurting and torturing people.
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind on Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:26 pm

TiffaniLane

Post by TiffaniLane on Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:55 am

yeah, I see what your saying. I'm just not so sure how someone is suppose to act in that situation. I mean do you watch a movie? does it matter WHAT your watching? i mean, you killed someone, cracking a book or watching a movie, very strange, yet people do that. The movies and books happened to be preferences he had way before this killing was an idea in looking back. He's always been a fan. I"m saying I have NO doubt that he killed them, not trying to make him sound innocent, I just don't know that he is that overly smart, manipulative, and conning...
    blouAngel

Post by blouAngel on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:22 am

Red stains on the cables too. I wonder if that comes from sending pictures of the scene inside the house as some have speculated he might have done.
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:34 am

blouAngel wrote:Red stains on the cables too. I wonder if that comes from sending pictures of the scene inside the house as some have speculated he might have done.

It does seem to indicate that the computer was near the bodies at some point...
    TiffaniLane

Post by TiffaniLane on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:44 am

or that the bodys were near the computer? i mean...hmm...maybe he did send pics, not saying he didn't, but on the other hand, he could have just happened to kill them in the room where the computer was located.
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:51 am

TiffaniLane wrote:or that the bodys were near the computer? i mean...hmm...maybe he did send pics, not saying he didn't, but on the other hand, he could have just happened to kill them in the room where the computer was located.

Or he could have moved the computer or handled it while covered with blood. Either way, depending on who's blood it is, this is the sort of thing that is pretty damning to McCroskey IMO.
    TiffaniLane

Post by TiffaniLane on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:53 am

ah yes. Everything is to be honest. The guy has guilty written all over him and his things.
    Percy

Post by Percy on Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:28 pm

Two things, IMO, that we really need answers to and may never get. Why the trip down Poorhouse road and why did he call the cops back to come check basement.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:48 pm