piXy

Re: Poorhouse Road

Post by piXy on Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:32 am

dangrsmind wrote:WIR chat?

you are correct
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind on Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:18 am

Any idea if he used WIR chat to communicate with Synnister after the murders?
    piXy

Post by piXy on Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:00 am

Doubtful, i never saw Sam in there after he got on the plane to VA.... Syniister wasnt there a whole lot so i doubt he would have went to WIR chat in order to contact anyone, but there are ways to fake ur name so its possible but highly inprobable
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind on Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:01 pm

I'm just wondering about his initial contact with Synnister after the murders and when that was. To the topic of this thread, was it before or after the trip to Poorhouse Road that Sam contacted Synnister?

DoctorZ

Post by DoctorZ on Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:04 pm

Do we have any idea who the computer belonged to? If it was Sam's then it wouldn't be a big deal. Otherwise, it would look bad if he took it from a dead person.
    If Mel's AIM name popped came on and back off, it could have been set to auto-login. Would she have brought a computer with her from WV to VA? Was it Emma's computer and Mel was just the last one to use AIM on it?
    It also says several cables. The charger would be one, maybe two. Did he have USB cables for a camera?

DoctorZ

Post by DoctorZ on Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:05 pm

dangrsmind wrote:I'm just wondering about his initial contact with Synnister after the murders and when that was. To the topic of this thread, was it before or after the trip to Poorhouse Road that Sam contacted Synnister?
    I think it was before. He went straight from the car to breakfast and then to the airport, right? Unless he called from the airport he probably wouldn't have been alone to make the call.
    piXy

Post by piXy on Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:43 pm

DoctorZ wrote:Do we have any idea who the computer belonged to? If it was Sam's then it wouldn't be a big deal. Otherwise, it would look bad if he took it from a dead person.
    If Mel's AIM name popped came on and back off, it could have been set to auto-login. Would she have brought a computer with her from WV to VA? Was it Emma's computer and Mel was just the last one to use AIM on it?
    It also says several cables. The charger would be one, maybe two. Did he have USB cables for a camera?

Maybe her parents got on her computer when they couldnt find her?
    or maybe she had a laptop she brought to VA?
    i know that her name still gets logged into by someone bc it freaks me the fuck out every time i see "melanie wells" sign in on yahoo.
    ziggy

Post by ziggy on Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:28 pm

The computer in the car could have been Mark's laptop since it was in his car.... it is possible young ones would carry a computer on a trip but imo highly unlikely when the friend they are going to visit has one and most young adults and kids can get emails on their phones.

Sam was a very light traveler from the looks of what he had on his person when taken into custody and also from my experience with young men in general.

DoctorZ

Post by DoctorZ on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:04 pm

ziggy wrote:The computer in the car could have been Mark's laptop since it was in his car.... it is possible young ones would carry a computer on a trip but imo highly unlikely when the friend they are going to visit has one and most young adults and kids can get emails on their phones.

Sam was a very light traveler from the looks of what he had on his person when taken into custody and also from my experience with young men in general.

I think that's what gave me the impression it wasn't his. I never bring my computer, I just use my phone. I can usually pack in a backpack for a week, while my girlfriend brings 40 pounds of stuff in a suitcase.
    LoveEndsWar

Post by LoveEndsWar on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:35 am

Or it could be Debras laptop that he took from the house. He was probably so worried about all the cords that he forgot his own phone charger. I would think it more likely to be Debras since she was a professor and conducting some kind of research. Or maybe Emmas. Its strange to me that he didn't put it in his bag.

If Sam did document anything it wont be good for him at all.

Sorry I don't remember if he paid cash for the towing? I was wondering if he did make that payment. That sheet for the search only shows one pill. When were the other pills found? Thank you.
    AndresEscobar

Post by AndresEscobar on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:40 am

DoctorZ wrote:
    ziggy wrote:The computer in the car could have been Mark's laptop since it was in his car.... it is possible young ones would carry a computer on a trip but imo highly unlikely when the friend they are going to visit has one and most young adults and kids can get emails on their phones.

I think that's what gave me the impression it wasn't his. I never bring my computer, I just use my phone. I can usually pack in a backpack for a week, while my girlfriend brings 40 pounds of stuff in a suitcase.

I bring my laptop everywhere I go. Work, business trips, vacation, etc.
    dangrsmind

Post by dangrsmind on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:44 am

I take mine almost everywhere...but not everywhere. Breath deep Andres.
    ziggy

Post by ziggy on Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:59 pm

Yeah, but you guys are like mature adult professionals. I don't see Sam taking a laptop.
    AndresEscobar

Post by AndresEscobar on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:17 pm

ziggy wrote:Yeah, but you guys are like mature adult professionals. I don't see Sam taking a laptop.

I'm not that mature. Also, Sam's "career" revolved around web and other types of computer related design. More importantly, Sam was online all the time and had a huge online presence. Maybe not quite an "internet addict" but close. Most places have wireless. Most homes have wireless.
    the tapu

Post by the tapu on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:46 pm

ziggy wrote:Yeah, but you guys are like mature adult professionals. I don't see Sam taking a laptop.

You overestimate us.

Smile
    ziggy

Post by ziggy on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:12 pm

We could ask Sarah. Smile

And I'm glad you are not that mature Andres, I like that about you.

Me either
    piXy

Post by piXy on Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:05 pm

Sam didnt have a cell phone. he always joked about it and he did not talk to anyone at the airport via im or anything cuz i remember when he was leaving to go to the airport. so im pretty sure he didnt have a laptop either.
    AndresEscobar

Post by AndresEscobar on Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:57 pm

piXy wrote:Sam didnt have a cell phone. he always joked about it and he did not talk to anyone at the airport via im or anything cuz i remember when he was leaving to go to the airport. so im pretty sure he didnt have a laptop either.

Well . . . Sam had one on his person. Also, the search warrants indicate they seized four cell phones in the house. So it seems likely that he got a cell phone prior to the trip. Whether it's his or his parents, we don't know. As for not being online at the airport, most airports charge you like 10 bucks to go online.
    ziggy

Post by ziggy on Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:16 pm

I could only find 3 cell phones seized in the search warrants: 1 LG Verizon and 2 Motorollas. Which one did I miss?

It seems reasonable to infer that if he didn't have a cell phone, he most likely didn't have a lap top computer to take on his travels.
    blouAngel

Post by blouAngel on Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:54 pm

seems like if Sam had a cellphone, he wouldn't have given the taxi driver Emma's phone number
    AndresEscobar

Post by AndresEscobar on Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:49 pm

ziggy wrote:I could only find 3 cell phones seized in the search warrants: 1 LG Verizon and 2 Motorollas. Which one did I miss?

It seems reasonable to infer that if he didn't have a cell phone, he most likely didn't have a lap top computer to take on his travels.

You missed two. I went through it about 10 times counting.

Warrant 1: Motorola Cell phone

Warrant 2: LG Cell phone

Warrant 3: Motorola Cell phone
    Motorola L7C Cell phone

Warrant 7: Motorola Cell phone
    ziggy

Post by ziggy on Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:02 pm

I missed that one on warrant 7 that included the bodies. Warrant 1 was the one we already counted as being on Sam. So there were 5 cell phones in all right? I don't think it's ordinary for one person to have two cell phones (I do but I'm abnormal) so probably one was Sam's.

Re: Emma's number, was it the home number; her cell number? Will be interesting to see whose phone he had.

If a plea deal is struck, then how much information on the investigation is available to the public?
    AndresEscobar

Post by AndresEscobar on Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:12 pm

ziggy wrote:I missed that one on warrant 7 that included the bodies. Warrant 1 was the one we already counted as being on Sam. So there were 5 cell phones in all right? I don't think it's ordinary for one person to have two cell phones (I do but I'm abnormal) so probably one was Sam's.

Re: Emma's number, was it the home number; her cell number? Will be interesting to see whose phone he had.

If a plea deal is struck, then how much information on the investigation is available to the public?

5 cell phones in total. I think it's likely that he either 1. had a cell phone or 2. was given one by his parents for purposes of the trip.
    ziggy

Post by ziggy on Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:22 pm

Or... it just so happens I've kept two of my old cell phones because they still have all the contact numbers and if I ever lose mine or drop it in water like my friend just did - I can still recover most of the numbers from the old phone(s). I also have a second phone on my plan as a back up. I have to turn my phone on vibe a lot and sometimes I misplace it (or more likely it falls into the abyss known as the woman's purse) so I have the back up to either find my phone, or use a phone when I can't find the other one. It's so lame I know but I HATE being inconvenienced.

So I have four cell phones if one were to collect all cell phone evidence from my person and my home.

Hardly seems likely that Sam didn't have a cell phone at his age, but it's also likely one of the deceased had two phones.
    AndresEscobar

Post by AndresEscobar on Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:23 pm

ziggy wrote:Or... it just so happens I've kept two of my old cell phones because they still have all the contact numbers and if I ever lose mine or drop it in water like my friend just did - I can still recover most of the numbers from the old phone(s). I also have a second phone on my plan as a back up. I have to turn my phone on vibe a lot and sometimes I misplace it (or more likely it falls into the abyss known as the woman's purse) so I have the back up to either find my phone, or use a phone when I can't find the other one. It's so lame I know but I HATE being inconvenienced.

So I have four cell phones if one were to collect all cell phone evidence from my person and my home.

Hardly seems likely that Sam didn't have a cell phone at his age, but it's also likely one of the deceased had two phones.

I doubt they would take into evidence phones that weren't active. They weren't running around grabbing things blindly.

Does US Cellular have service in Farmville?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:50 am