Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.

Advice on men

Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Re: Advice on men

Post by Heroine on Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:55 am

Here is what I have to say on the marijuana subject. You can all take it how you want. No offense intended. We are all adults so I can only assume that we would take it all in stride.
    I smoke marijuana! There I said it. This is America, land of the free, and home of the brave. Freedom of expression and freedom (as an adult) to do whatever I want to do. I am sorry if you guys feel differently about me in knowing what I do behind your computer screen. But behind that screen, is a personality very different from any of yours, and that's the way it should be. Just as you are very different from me. And that's all I expect of you.I don't see anything wrong with smoking weed. I have panic attacks and believe it or not it helps relax me. I will not take mind altering drugs who make you an entirely different person such as the ones prescribed by a doctor. Weed may alter your mind, but not in the way I've seen other drugs transform people. And if you liked me before you knew that then logically it would only make sense to still like me. I'm not asking you to be me or smoke weed. I'm just letting you know that not all weed smokers are bad people. And if you think so, I'm okay with that as long as you keep it to yourself or bring it up in a respectful manner. I like everyone!!! Smile

Last edited by Heroine on Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    Percy

Post by Percy on Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:55 am

Paximus wrote:One of the most recent cases I took involved a man who was facing 25 years in prison for cultivation of marijuana which has a much stiffer punishment than simple possession. I was really pissed off about this because the guy had AIDS and cancer and he was growing some in his backyard because he couldnt afford to buy it and he wasnt selling, I dont like to defend dealers because they are often involved in voilence and intimidation of others when things dont go their way. But in this case he wasnt a seller but the cultivation resulted in some pretty heavy charges against him so I had my private investigator that works for me follow the the arresting officer and prosecutor around looking for some dirt on them and we found out that the prosecutor made a habit of spending his evgenings at a local bar and driving himself home when he was clearly in no condition to do so, to top that off we also had evidence, pictures and testimony from witnesses that the officer himself was fond of partaking of the herb himself on occasion, I called a meeting in chambers and presented my findings to all parties involved and even though the judge threatened me with unethical behavior and said she could have me disbarred in the end when presented what our finding all parties decided to drop charges knowing that I have press credentials and worked as a member of the print press for many years, and my client walked away a free man and was left alone thereafter. Hypocrites really piss me off.

Post by Percy on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:05 am

Heroine wrote:Here is what I have to say on the marijuana subject. You can all take it how you want. No offense intended. We are all adults so I can only assume that we would take it all in stride.
    I smoke marijuana! There I said it. This is America, land of the free, and home of the brave. Freedom of expression and freedom (as an adult) to do whatever I want to do. I am sorry if you guys feel differently about me in knowing what I do behind your computer screen. But behind that screen, is a personality very different from any of yours, and that's the way it should be. Just as you are very different from me. And that's all I expect of you.I don't see anything wrong with smoking weed. I have panic attacks and believe it or not it helps relax me. I will not take mind altering drugs who make you an entirely different person such as the ones prescribed by a doctor. Weed may alter your mind, but not in the way I've seen other drugs transform people. And if you liked me before you knew that then logically it would only make sense to still like me. I'm not asking you to be me or smoke weed. I'm just letting you know that not all weed smokers are bad people. And if you think so, I'm okay with that as long as you keep it to yourself or bring it up in a respectful manner. I like everyone!!! Smile

Not like you anymore? Hell I love you more now than I ever did before and thats a lot because I loved you quite a bit before this and if I loved you anymore it might become unhealthy and threatening to our wonderful friendship. All I can say is that I am VERY happy that you have found something other than what big pharma has to offer, most of which will fuck you up much more than a bong rip here and there, if it helps you then you should do it, if it becomes a problem then you should address that and from I know of you and I certain you would indeed address it if you felt it became a problem for you, what is most important is that it has helped your anxiety attacks and youre not being fed pills made in labs by people who dont give a fuck about you but only care about the bottom line of making profits for the big pharma compansies who fund their research and sign their paychecks. If the Heroine I have known, come to respect and love is a Heroine who is occasionaly stoned and giggly then I am happy to call you a friend and I am even more impressed with the fact that you are not ashamed to admit who you really are and try and educate others to open their minds to the fact that not everyone who smokes marijuana is a loser, lazy and someone who pawns all their shit to score a dime bag because they cant live without the shit.

Thanks for sharing this with us and I am glad to call you my friend.

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:16 am

Paximus wrote:
    dabobkat wrote:
    Paximus wrote:
    All my friends, totally whipped man. They have no voice, no confidence, their wives order them around like they are little kids and they are afraid to stand up for themselves and what they believe in because they really think it is no longer acceptable for men to be men.
    A hundred or so years ago (15 really) I was dating a woman who I deeply loved. After about a year and a half I asked her to marry me. She said yes

About a month into it things started to go bad. She wanted me to find a job that paid at least twice what I was making at the time. Turns out she didn’t want to work. Now if it was because she had young children I could understand but both her boys were in high school. All my friends were “losers” and she didn’t want me spending any time with them AT ALL. Not “Well you can see them without me.” I had to give them up completely. I wasn’t fond of one of her friends but I had no say in that. Then came I spent too much time with my family, my photograph business was a waste of my time and my hobbies were stupid.

Now mind you I don’t mind compromise but it was not the way she was willing to go. Now let’s add that since her house was bigger then mine we would sell mine and I would move in with her. OK that made sense, but the closets and furniture in her bedroom was HERS. I could put a dresser in the garage and hang my clothing in the front closet; now that was a point of huge arguments so she gave me ONE drawer and 3 inches of closet space.

When I asked her why she was trying so hard to change me her answer was, “I just want to make you a better person,” When I pointed out it was me she wanted to marry why would she want to change that she had no answer.

The finale straw came when my Mom had a mild stroke and I wanted to go over and give my dad a hand with some things and she got mad because I was taking time from her. She gave me an ultimatum, “Obviously your mom means more to you then I do. You need to decide who you want to spend your life with.” So I did.

The next woman I dated after (about 4 years later) told me 6 weeks into the relationship told me that in order for us to be a couple I had to accept Jesus into my heart and follow his words without question. Guess again on that one.

So here I am 11 years later, single and miserable, I mean surviving.

Like I said, compromise is part of any relationship and I can promise you that I was not the perfect boyfriend (although I’d like to think I was) and that the problems in both of the ones mentioned were from both parties, but I was the one who was expected to give everything up. I may not be the best person in the world, but I won’t lose who I am to be with someone

I would rather be alone than in a relationship that is killing me. And yes, I am aware of the irony that I got my way
    Good story man, you are good at telling stories and I suspect your attempt at a writing career is going to pay off sooner or later if you stick with it.

That said this woman sounds like what I call and energy vampire, they slowly suck the life out of you in attempt to turn you in to a braindead and lifeless zombie that that can in turn order around and have their way with you at their own pleasure. For your sake I am glad you got out of there in one piece and have now found some peace in your life, I know you said you were single and that can be a lonely position to be in but it is also nice to have the freedom to do as you please. I love my wife very much and she is about as perfect a mate as I can imagine anyone being, but a part of me envies people like you and Ericclimbs who are single and able to really enjoy your life and pick up and go here or there without having to ask anyone permission. I had that life for a long time and I spent most of my days on the beach surfing and really enjoying an adventurous life, I was also working as a gunfighter and stuntman in Tombstone during that time and it was a great life, just floating around making enough money to feed myself and not a worry in the world to be concerned with. Now that I am married there is nothing as nice as having a wife who is also my best friend and someone I know would never be unfaithful to me and even though our marriage isnt perfect as there is no such thing and that is only a myth, there is nothing as nice as waking up to her in the morning and hearing her tell me she loves me and me telling her how much she enriches my life.

That said, I already know youre a very decent fellow, it doesnt take long to figure that out on a forum like this and I really hope you can find someone to grow old with and enjoy their company, I suspect, being the gentleman you are, that will happen sooner or later for you but you cant be looking for her, she wiull simply show up when you least expect it and when she does you need to recognize her and make sure she knows how much she means to you and how much you appreciate her presence.

Good luck my friend, I will always be pulling for you, Bob, from what I can tell of you so far you deserve the best the world has to offer.
    I am humbled by your kind words

Here’s some of the kickers to the story
    1 we grew up together. Yup you heard me. She is 5 years older then me and was more my bother and sister’s friend then mine as teenagers but our families have been close for over 45 years. When she got divorced I was about 34 and I was helping her with her paperwork for child support since I use to work in the office. We started hanging out and found we had a lot in common and one thing led to the next. The good news is that when we broke up it did not hurt our mother’s relationship. However her trying to keep me from my family never made sense. Also one of the reasons our mothers are OK is that I never told my mom some of the shit my ex threw around

2 About a year after we broke up I read in Dear Abby the signs of an abuser. She fit 90% of them

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:18 am

Here is my take on what Heroine said
    I believe that no Government should tell a person what they can do to their own body.
    I don’t care if Heroine smokes pot or not, has no adverse affect on me
    Percy

Post by Percy on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:30 am

Exactly, as someone who has studied law and the history of law, the whole idea of VICTIMLESS CRIMES is a new invention that started in America. In the orginal common law of England which is what our legal system is based on for the most part, no crime was committed UNLESS THERE WAS A VICTIM.

Smoking some pot doesnt harm anyone there is no victim therefore there is no crime. VICTIMLESS CRIMES came about from federal statutory law (also known as UNIFORM COMMERCIAL CODE) which is not constituitional law and they were created for ONE REASON ONLY and that is to raise money for the government. They fine you for those victimless crimes and it is a cash cow for them, but techically, as a scholar and student of law, all through history the law was THERE IS NO CRIME UNLESS THERE IS A VICTIM.

Post by ericclimbs on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:38 am

Okay heavy forum but good stuff. I love all of this brutal honesty. As Pax said, and I hope we all agree, we need not hypocrites here.

Unethical? for exposing what the cop and DA did? Come on! Hypocrisy is what pisses me off too. When I lived in Flagstaff I was hanging out at a northside haunt one night called Sportsman's. Well that particularly night a state Senator was in and he was wasted, drunk of his ass, stumbling around and slurring his words. He was irate because the bartender had managed to grab his keys away from him and refused to give them back. He called the police and the cop who showed up sided with the bartender. The Senator demanded he talk to the cops superior, the captain. Well the Captain drove out and here is what happened: the first responding officer drove the Senator home and the Captain drove the Senator's car home for him so he would have it available when he woke up in the morning. He was not charged with anything.

People--you and I, in that same situation, would be waking up in the drunk tank trying to find a good lawyer like Pax. I witnessed that shit and it still makes me angry.
    claudicici

Post by claudicici on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:51 am

Thank you heroine,what you are doing to help with your anxiety is 1000 times better than the pharma crap they push on you because of the big money making machine....
    i have never in my life seen anyone pawn stuff because they were smoking weed....never...
    ericclimbs

Post by ericclimbs on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:04 am

claudicici wrote:Thank you heroine,what you are doing to help with your anxiety is 1000 times better than the pharma crap they push on you because of the big money making machine....
    i have never in my life seen anyone pawn stuff because they were smoking weed....never...

Yeah not pot. Crack, meth, etc sure. People jonesing for a marijuana high don't pawn thier shit. At least no one I met or have ever known. . .
    ericclimbs

Post by ericclimbs on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:14 am

Paximus wrote:Exactly, as someone who has studied law and the history of law, the whole idea of VICTIMLESS CRIMES is a new invention that started in America. In the orginal common law of England which is what our legal system is based on for the most part, no crime was committed UNLESS THERE WAS A VICTIM.

Smoking some pot doesnt harm anyone there is no victim therefore there is no crime. VICTIMLESS CRIMES came about from federal statutory law (also known as UNIFORM COMMERCIAL CODE) which is not constituitional law and they were created for ONE REASON ONLY and that is to raise money for the government. They fine you for those victimless crimes and it is a cash cow for them, but techically, as a scholar and student of law, all through history the law was THERE IS NO CRIME UNLESS THERE IS A VICTIM.

Yes! Why is there a crime if no one is hurt?? Criminals and micreants should be apprehended and punished for their actions, to be sure. But a prostitute and her client? Someone dropping acid in the privacy of their own pad, with a few friends. Or, God forbid, some folks passing a joint around at a party??? Really?? Now, if any of those people move forwards to rob a bank or cause a car crash etc, then lets make them atone. In the meantime who cares?

Now I see those preventive people out there rasing hell with my arugment. The pre-emptive approach, as it were. The one that has gotten our once great country into a bit of predicament in these modern times. By this argument we may as well make masturbation illegal, as those young horny boys may be fantasizing about an illegal crime. Or maybe we shouldn't drive cars because, every now and again, someone fucks up and kills someone with a car. Cars don't kill people, people kill people.
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:15 am

Paximus wrote:
    Heroine wrote:Here is what I have to say on the marijuana subject. You can all take it how you want. No offense intended. We are all adults so I can only assume that we would take it all in stride.

Not like you anymore? Hell I love you more now than I ever did before and thats a lot because I loved you quite a bit before this and if I loved you anymore it might become unhealthy and threatening to our wonderful friendship. All I can say is that I am VERY happy that you have found something other than what big pharma has to offer, most of which will fuck you up much more than a bong rip here and there, if it helps you then you should do it, if it becomes a problem then you should address that and from I know of you and I certain you would indeed address it if you felt it became a problem for you, what is most important is that it has helped your anxiety attacks and youre not being fed pills made in labs by people who dont give a fuck about you but only care about the bottom line of making profits for the big pharma compansies who fund their research and sign their paychecks. If the Heroine I have known, come to respect and love is a Heroine who is occasionaly stoned and giggly then I am happy to call you a friend and I am even more impressed with the fact that you are not ashamed to admit who you really are and try and educate others to open their minds to the fact that not everyone who smokes marijuana is a loser, lazy and someone who pawns all their shit to score a dime bag because they cant live without the shit.

Thanks for sharing this with us and I am glad to call you my friend.
    Thank you Pax for your kind words! I was hoping this is how you would react. I too am glad to call you my friend. Smile I will even admit to the fact that I have been arrested for possession of marijuana and still I am not ashamed of who I am. Why should I be?
    ericclimbs

Post by ericclimbs on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:18 am

P.S. -- love you guys!

Mags and Lady Sig and everyone else -- did I mention I have an affinity for guns? I'm just libertarian that's all.

Also - advice on men, just to stay on topic. But see we don't have rules here, just mutual respect. I have more than a few friends where, on some topics, we just "agree to disagree."

It works out great.
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:21 am

dabobkat wrote:Here is my take on what Heroine said
    I believe that no Government should tell a person what they can do to their own body.
    Great summary dabobkat! That's totally what I meant to say! Smile
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:22 am

ericclimbs wrote:
    claudicici wrote:Thank you heroine,what you are doing to help with your anxiety is 1000 times better than the pharma crap they push on you because of the big money making machine....

Yeah not pot. Crack, meth, etc sure. People jonesing for a marijuana high don't pawn thier shit. At least no one I met or have ever known. . .
    NO shit! Weed never demoralized nobody! If anything sometimes a little weed can put things into perspective, such as I'm doing now.
    ericclimbs

Post by ericclimbs on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:24 am

Heroine wrote:

I smoke a little weed a few times a month, not much, but for me its kind of a mini spiritual experience. To just roll with your thoughts, with the groove of the music

all things in moderation
    ericclimbs

Post by ericclimbs on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:28 am

We should change this to the "Advice on Weed" thread.

The first rule of Fight Club, I mean Outcasts club, is there are no rules
    wadahoot

Post by wadahoot on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:55 am

Heroine, If someone changes their mind about another person simply because they get high, then I have to think that that person is naive and/or narrow-minded.

I would be concerned if you were to say you shot up. I would be unhappy if you told us that you get wasted and drive around just to be cruising.

With anything comes responsibility ... even getting high. If one keeps it a victimless crime then why should anyone's opinion of you change?

Hugs!
    Anita
    Heroine
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Heroine on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:57 am

wadahoot wrote:Heroine, If someone changes their mind about another person simply because they get high, then I have to think that that person is naive and/or narrow-minded.

I would be concerned if you were to say you shot up. I would be unhappy if you told us that you get wasted and drive around just to be cruising.

With anything comes responsibility ... even getting high. If one keeps it a victimless crime then why should anyone's opinion of you change?

Hugs!
    Anita
    Thank you and very well said! I couldn't have said it better myself. Smile
    Percy

Post by Percy on Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:31 am

ericclimbs wrote:
    Heroine wrote:

I smoke a little weed a few times a month, not much, but for me its kind of a mini spiritual experience. To just roll with your thoughts, with the groove of the music

all things in moderation

Before I started practicing law I loved nothing more than to go out in to the woods and 'dance with the bears' which is Grateful dead code for hunting mushrooms in the forest, eating them and really experiencing the kind of spiritual insight that you can only get from that sort of adventure. Marijuana, when used for that purpose can be used for the same purpose. When I used to do such things I would record all of my ramblings for furture refrence and some of my best work was done during those times including my famous Holy Mo Moley poem that I posted in the power of the written word thread. That was the result of some of the best Muscaria I ever picked and they were found under some cow patties on a friends farm lol.

Here is my problem with throwing people like that in jail. I have been thrown in jail more times than probably everyone on this forum combined, I stopped counting after my 20th visit for the county jail. This wasnt because I broke any laws it was because I have a tendency to not only object to certain things during trial once or twice but sometimes until my face turns blue and the baliffs have to come and cuff me and haul me away for contempt.

Anyway, when you put someone in fail who isnt a mass murderer or rapist but made the mistake of driving after a few drinks WHICH ISNT GOOD dont get me wrong, or because they got caught with some weed, you are not HELPING THEM, after they get out of jail they have likely lost their job and nobody wants to hire convicts and so what do they do, they go further into their addiction and drug themselves away because their lives are pretty much over because they have lost everything or they turn to a life of crime because its the only way they can support themselves or their family. It is much better to give them mandatory rehab, anger managment and some heavy community service but throwing people like that in jail only makes their lives most impossible to get back once they get out, its senseless and stupid and thats why I try and help such people because helping them is what PREVENTS future crime because they dont lose their jobs their homes and are no longer able to feed their families.

Post by Percy on Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:35 am

Paximus wrote:
    ericclimbs wrote:
    Heroine wrote:

all things in moderation

Before I started practicing law I loved nothing more than to go out in to the woods and 'dance with the bears' which is Grateful Dead code for hunting mushrooms in the forest, eating them and really experiencing the kind of spiritual insight that you can only get from that sort of adventure. Marijuana, when used for that purpose can be used for the same purpose. When I used to do such things I would record all of my ramblings for furture reference and some of my best work was done during those times including my famous Holy Mo Moley poem that I posted in the power of the written word thread. That was the result of some of the best Muscaria I ever picked and they were found under some cow patties on a friends farm lol.

Here is my problem with throwing people like that in jail. I have been thrown in jail more times than probably everyone on this forum combined, I stopped counting after my 20th visit for the county jail. This wasnt because I broke any laws it was because I have a tendency to not only object to certain things during trial once or twice but sometimes until my face turns blue and the baliffs have to come and cuff me and haul me away for contempt.

Anyway, when you put someone in jail who isnt a mass murderer or rapist but made the mistake of driving after a few drinks WHICH ISNT GOOD dont get me wrong, or because they got caught with some weed, you are not HELPING THEM, after they get out of jail they have likely lost their job and nobody wants to hire convicts and so what do they do, they go further into their addiction and drug themselves away because their lives are pretty much over because they have lost everything or they turn to a life of crime because its the only way they can support themselves or their family. It is much better to give them mandatory rehab, anger managment and some heavy community service but throwing people like that in jail only makes their lives most impossible to get back once they get out, its senseless and stupid and thats why I try and help such people because helping them is what PREVENTS future crime because they dont lose their jobs their homes and are no longer able to feed their families.

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:51 am

you haven't worked in a pawn shop, have you?

i could tell lots of stories about working in a pawn shop....

of course, there was the guy who came in to try to buy a gun, and was attempting to fill out the federal paperwork, and seemed to be having more trouble than most. i would have thought he was illiterate if he hadn't REEKED of marijuana at the time. Finally I asked him if he needed help with the form, and his response was "No, man...I'm just too stoned to deal with this right now." no gun for him.

The other lady, who amused me when trying to buy a gun, also had problems with her 4473. I was helping to translate the questions from the federal "legalese" into English for her, and we got to the one about drug use. I don't remember the exact wording of the question, but it uses lots of big words, so i told her "That one basically says "Do you use drugs?" She looked at me, and replied "Does weed count?" SO i replied, "Yes ma'am, weed is a controlled substance." She carefully wrote the word "Weed" in the box on the form...

She was rather alarmed when i told her that i would be calling the ATF with her information, and asked if she really wanted to continue the sale.

Now, these are people who were attempting to purchase firearms. while stoned. massively stoned. these are not the only two, just the most memorable. Most of them that reeked of weed, we kicked out before they got to the paperwork stage of things.

As to pawning your belongings to buy weed...yes, i've seen it. i've seen it to the point that one lady once asked me if we took gold. When i said yes, she pointed to a back molar, and inquired "Well, how do you get this tooth out of my mouth?!" She also, by the way, reeked of pot.

Smoking dope simply does not seem to bring out the best in humanity, IMO.

TandT

Post by TandT on Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:22 am

I have never smoked dope -

Now, after everyone has recovered from disbelief - I joined the military after high school and got a position that required a TS clearance ... enjoyed my job, drank beer, and never worried about 'missing out' on the weed scene.....

If you want to ... go ahead ... just don't ask me to join you .... (got a cold beer (yuengling) in my hand, i am a happy guy Very Happy )
    Percy

Post by Percy on Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:44 am

TandT wrote:I have never smoked dope -

Now, after everyone has recovered from disbelief - I joined the military after high school and got a position that required a TS clearance ... enjoyed my job, drank beer, and never worried about 'missing out' on the weed scene.....

If you want to ... go ahead ... just don't ask me to join you .... (got a cold beer (yuengling) in my hand, i am a happy guy Very Happy )
    What branch did you serve in my friend, I was in the United States Marine corp and was one of 40 people who personally captured, arrested and extradited Manuel Noriega during the at he time covert invasion of Panama. Didnt smoke any weed then either and dont know but if I could I might once in a while. To each their own right?

TandT

Post by TandT on Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:50 am

Paximus wrote:
    TandT wrote:I have never smoked dope -

What branch did you serve in my friend, I was in the United States Marine corp and was one of 40 people who personally captured, arrested and extradited Manuel Noriega during the at he time covert invasion of Panama. Didnt smoke any weed then either and dont know but if I could I might once in a while. To each their own right?

i was U.S. Navy ..... Active duty 1969 to 1990 - retired from the military and now working as a contractor - test and evaluation of new systems and software releases destined for Navy ships ...
    Mags

Post by Mags on Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:00 am

Do you ever just get really creeped out by coincidences in your life?

Now, I really don't know a thing in the world about pawn shops. I was asking one of my employees about his cousin, who is a former employee, because there was a spectacular moon and the cousin used to bring his camera to work to capture some great middle-of-the-night moon pics. I was saying how much I wished he was there, great shots and all. He tells me nah, his cousin pawned both his cameras when he ran out of weed and was broke. He got like $50 total. I have no idea how much pot that will buy, and they weren't great cameras, but .........daymn.

Now a question ~ is there anything that will help address the anxiety without any sort of chemical being introduced? General question, not specific to any one person.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:08 pm