Outcasts

Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.


    GENERAL OPINIONS

    Share
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: GENERAL OPINIONS

    Post by claudicici on Tue May 18, 2010 3:02 am

    I am suspicious of many of these things as well. I have a weird gut feeling that the attempted terrorist attack on that plane a few days ago was set up by "they," if you will, as yet another scare tactic to keep the people in check. Thus the Orwellian-style of government marches on.

    Or maybe it was real. . .I can see why many people have dropped off here! They think we are a bunch of conspiracy nuts. Maybe we are! But it never hurts to ask questions and be aware of things.
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: GENERAL OPINIONS

    Post by claudicici on Sun May 23, 2010 4:15 am

    Originally Posted by dangrsmind
    You are missing the point. The most important characteristic of a viable conspiracy theory is that it can not ever be falsified. Falsified theories get rejected and therefore don't propagate. In contrast, successful conspiracy theories don't allow any reasonable test that can show the theory to be false. By successful I mean specifically that these stories propagate, are repeated, and become part of the consensual reality of an identifiable group of people, i.e. 9/11 truthers. The best theories make no specific predictions and avoid any association with verifiable events in the future.

    See also http://www.armageddononline.org/failed_armageddon.php

    I am not a 9-11 truther in any way shape or form nor do I read Alex Jones or listen to Charlie Sheen but I do believe we are being lied to, to some extent, regarding what really happened on that day.
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: GENERAL OPINIONS

    Post by claudicici on Sun May 23, 2010 4:32 am

    "Given a choice between grief and nothing, I'd choose grief." WilliamFaulkner
    ...I heard that first when I was a teenager in "breathless" with Richard Gere and it always left a big impression on me....and you are right Wada,what if nothing would have happened last year?...would you be as happy as you are now when good things come your way?....as sick as I am of drama at times,it made me who I am today and I stopped asking "why me?",I just take every day as a battle that I'm ready to win lol
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: GENERAL OPINIONS

    Post by claudicici on Sun May 23, 2010 4:34 am

    A Taoist tale...

    This farmer had only one horse, and one day the horse ran away. The neighbors came to console over his terrible loss. The farmer said, "What makes you think it is so terrible?"

    A month later, the horse came home--this time bringing with her two beautiful wild horses. The neighbors became excited at the farmer's good fortune. Such lovely strong horses! The farmer said, "What makes you think this is good fortune?"

    The farmer's son was thrown from one of the wild horses and broke his leg. All the neighbors were very distressed. Such bad luck! The farmer said, "What makes you think it is bad?"

    A war came, and every able-bodied man was conscripted and sent into battle. Only the farmer's son, because he had a broken leg, remained. The neighbors congratulated the farmer. "What makes you think this is good?" said the farmer.

    From http://www.noogenesis.com/pineapple/Taoist_Farmer.html

    In other words, "best" and "worst" are states of mind. The real situation is just how it is; it is inherently perfect. But how you feel about it is up to you. And remember you never know what is going to happen next.
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: GENERAL OPINIONS

    Post by claudicici on Wed May 26, 2010 4:33 am

    Originally Posted by Sizzle
    So, your interest is making money on the murders of 4 people?
    Where did I say anything about making money. What is your interest in being a member of websleuths? You enjoy reading about these cases I assume? Whats the difference?

    We have been on this case since day one and many of us here have become good friends and we are having conversations accordingly, youre free to join in but I dont appreciate people coming in here insulting others right off the bat.
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: GENERAL OPINIONS

    Post by claudicici on Wed May 26, 2010 4:34 am

    Originally Posted by Wes
    Mistakes???

    A mistake is writing 2009 on your check instead of 2010. Premeditatedly killing four people is not simply a "mistake".

    Since we are going to the dictionary tonight...

    Main Entry: 1mis·take
    Pronunciation: \mə-ˈstāk\
    Function: verb
    Inflected Form(s): mis·took \-ˈstu̇k\; mis·tak·en \-ˈstā-kən\; mis·tak·ing
    Etymology: Middle English
    Date: 14th century
    transitive verb
    1 : to blunder in the choice of
    2 a : to misunderstand the meaning or intention of : misinterpret b : to make a wrong judgment of the character or ability of
    3 : to identify wrongly : confuse with another

    Funny that this definition doesn't seem to specify that the word only applies to minor errors or errors in dates.

    See also: http://www.experienceproject.com/gro...-So-Far/194403

    And apparently Sam did say going to Farmville was the worst mistake of his life. FWIW.
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: GENERAL OPINIONS

    Post by claudicici on Wed May 26, 2010 4:36 am

    Well heck since we are looking up words and all:

    TROLL

    1. trolling
    Being a prick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.




    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trolling
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: GENERAL OPINIONS

    Post by claudicici on Wed May 26, 2010 4:42 am

    Originally Posted by Wes
    Mistakes???

    A mistake is writing 2009 on your check instead of 2010. Premeditatedly killing four people is not simply a "mistake".

    Well, not simply. More like a BIG mistake. I'm just guessing but, in hindsight, Sam probably would agree it was a bad idea. Probably wishes maybe he hadn't done it.

    I agree with Pax that most of us are capable of murder. I am pretty certain I myself could do it in self defense. This example, of course, is in stark contrast to a senseless mass bludgeoning of innocent people but it still would be murder nonetheless. It would be brutal, violent, and bloody.
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: GENERAL OPINIONS

    Post by claudicici on Wed May 26, 2010 4:46 am

    Oh hey Sizzle...why do I have a hunch you are Liz M?

    Anyway, I think Sam's gotta pay for what he did, but that won't deter me from looking at the facts when they all come out, as to what his family life was like and what may have caused Sam to be a cold-blooded killer, if indeed, that is how it went down. Kids can have it pretty rough these days and I will feel compassion for him, but I also know that as bad as Sam had it, or may have had it; there are many more who've had it WORSE and they did not end up like Sam.

    There is much information missing so at this time I'd say he belongs where he is, but getting a few books doesn't bother me at all and I'm usually a hard ass on that kind of stuff. For some unknown reason, Sam tweaks my pity nerve a little bit. As facts emerge, however that could disappear very quickly!

    Was there an SKR influence? That will be even more interesting to me and I hope LE has not dropped the ball on investigating that angle.

    And P.S. to Liz: your profile pic of little Caylee is only there to further sales of your new CD with the song about her on one of the tracks. Way to use a popular case in the media to try and get attention for your pathetic attempt at rap with the ghetto enunciation of Katie Couric, for Gawd's sake. Here's the knee slapper though, many of your "fans" will finally grow up, get a clue and leave and the ones that don't won't amount to enough in this world to afford to support your 'art'. Funny huh?
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: GENERAL OPINIONS

    Post by claudicici on Wed May 26, 2010 4:47 am

    Originally Posted by Sizzle
    http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=retarded
    "•S: (adj) retarded (relatively slow in mental or emotional or physical development)

    Regardless of the dictionary definition of a term, there is something called "connotation." Look that up. But meanwhile:

    If a group and their advocates hold in disfavor a word used to describe them, then out of respect the civilized person does not use that term. For example, disabled people generally deplore the word cripple, and so we would not, I wouldn't think, persist in calling them "cripples." The same then for retarded. Unless... you think these are people who are undeserving of respect, in which case, that is more about you than them.
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: GENERAL OPINIONS

    Post by claudicici on Wed May 26, 2010 4:49 am

    Originally Posted by Sizzle
    Thanks for clarifying that. Maybe someone should tell it to the State of Virginia and the Supreme Court.
    You are arguing about language with a linguist? That's funny.

    If you look into older American case law you'll also find the word "negro" used commonly. But most people don't use that word anymore because it is considered derogatory by most African Americans.

    Just like "retarded".
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: GENERAL OPINIONS

    Post by claudicici on Wed May 26, 2010 4:52 am

    Originally Posted by Wes
    I get no pleasure any him or anyone suffering either. I was just commenting on what he did being labeled a "mistake". I generally equate a mistake with something done accidentally.
    I hate to bore you all with more ceramics....

    but I think you can say someone makes a bad decision, that he or she regrets, and that is a mistake. At least in common parlance.
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: GENERAL OPINIONS

    Post by claudicici on Wed May 26, 2010 4:52 am

    Pax, you and I do NOT agree with the DP,,however, what you said about the "forgiving issue is so right on...IMHO truer words haVE never been spoken...Keeping hate etc,,bottled up inside will destroy...
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: GENERAL OPINIONS

    Post by claudicici on Thu May 27, 2010 4:26 am

    Originally Posted by claudicici
    correct.I don't think she's a bad person.I'm sorry about your children but again I'm sure they have a reason.
    I believe everyone has a reason, we're human, we're not perfect. we do wrong. we make choices and they are not always good. but they are choices, whether it be to do 5 mph over the speed limit on the roads and endanger someone NOT doing that speed and doing the speed limit or murder, they are ALL decisions that we make, as humans. That's the way I see it. But I also believe with those choices come consequences. I'm not sure how I feel about the death penalty. I have a family member (child) brutally murdered. DO I want them to study him, try to keep someone from making that same decision in the future? I'm sorry. I just don't think it's possible. He admitted his guilt. there has never been a question. Now why should he be allowed to live when someone else innocent (my 8 year old family member) will not be given that choice? When his mother still cries over him? as i say, we're human, that's why this happens. and studying won't fix it...but neither will retribution. The answer is, really, that there is no answer. At least in my head. Stepping back now, sorry for the OT rambling...
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: GENERAL OPINIONS

    Post by claudicici on Thu May 27, 2010 4:36 am

    Originally Posted by AndresEscobar
    Well, I had said nothing about society being in decay. That said, I am disturbed by people who seem to get off on fantasizing about the type of punishment offenders receive. This thread doesn't have a lot of that, but if you want to see some pretty disturbing stuff go to some of the older Emily Olten / Alyssa Bustamante threads. Keep in mind, the girl they're gloating about freezing at night, eating terrible food, and screaming should be put to death is 15 years old.

    Americans love blood. They love it. They want to rally against people who commit murder for ending a life or lives, and in the same breath argue for ending that persons life. They want to quote the "eye for an eye" stuff in the bible, and ignore all the other stuff that runs contradictory to it.

    Now, in regards to your disease analogy, I don't particularly agree with it. I think it is difficult to disagree with my statement that there is "something" wrong with people who commit violent crimes. I think that your criticism of the rehabilitation part of the prison system is related to rehabilitation being de-emphasized.

    They also have no problem slaughtering untold millions in wars so that their small 3% of the world's population can continue to consume 50% of world's energy.

    We dont hold our elected leaders accountable for mass murder but when an obviously disturbed young girl who grew up the child of meth addicts, acts out in what is likely a cry for help, we demand her head on a platter.

    Yes we are a civilization in decay, very much so. We live in bizzaro world.
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: GENERAL OPINIONS

    Post by claudicici on Thu May 27, 2010 4:41 am

    Originally Posted by ziggy
    They are my sister's kids and with exactly the same parents who never divorced and grew up in the same home from when they were babies, 3 out of 5 are druggies and criminals while the other two CHOSE to take a different path.

    People make choices...it's not like they can't help it.

    There is a very good chance they are using drugs because they are self medicating away a chemical imbalance in their brains, such as bipolar disorder or some other organic mental illness. I dont think very many people make the decision to become drug addicts on skid row, there is usually a reason for them being that way and even those with the best childhoods are not immune.

    Since bipolar disorder does run in families this would certainly explain the behavior of these 3 relatives of yours. I do not think you can dismiss this as easily as you may first wish to.

    They certainly do have a choice to go get some help and I would never make any excuses for them for not making that decision and instead deciding to self medicate but still, I doubt they are just using drugs for the **** of it in fact every druggie I have known was a self medicator of some sort and they all had mental health issues.

    Regardless, addiction itself is a disease and I dont think it is right to call sick people "criminal assholes." These people are sick, they are not themselves and no amount of browbeating, insulting or name calling will help them. Its going to take a very strong person to help them, someone who is strong enough not to judge them but who will take the time to help them see what the drugs have done to them and how sick they have become because of the choices they have made. Addiction is a medical issue and since none of us are doctors its probably not easy for us to understand.

    In any case this is yet another example of a fundamental disagreement, I think no less of you because you feel this way but I feel very strongly that you are wrong and that your love for them has led you astray. Detach yourself from the situation and stand back and see just how sick and in need of medical attention these kids are and you might change your mind about them.

    Addiction can run in families and skip generations, their parents may have done a perfect job raising them but if they inherited a bad gene there is nothing anyone can do about that. Genetics do not discriminate and I think you would be wise to reconsider how you feel about them with this in mind before you simply write them off as ungrateful criminal assholes who had it all and threw it away. Its NEVER that simple my friend.
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: GENERAL OPINIONS

    Post by claudicici on Thu May 27, 2010 4:42 am

    Originally Posted by PAXIMUS
    Exactly and this is where I cross over from one political polarity to the other. I would be considered liberal on most issues but when it comes to gun control I dont support it at all, it is nonsense. The people turning their guns in are the people who follow the law anyway, those who dont follow the law will not be turning their guns in and you have a society run b y armed criminals and nobody armed to defend themselves from them.
    I'm opposed to gun control. I do not want the government to tell me whether or not I can arm myself.

    Without guns, what will I do when the zombies come?
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: GENERAL OPINIONS

    Post by claudicici on Thu May 27, 2010 4:43 am

    Originally Posted by PAXIMUS
    Agreed but be careful with that mindset around here, it will get you in trouble.
    You won't be in trouble with me! I thank God there are very compassionate people with different mindsets because it is what keeps things balanced. And just as it's important for me to voice how I feel; I certainly feel it's necessary and appropriate for others to do the same regardless of what view I may have, so I can only speak for myself but I don't think that's true Pax.

    And besides, since when did being in the minority bother either of you???
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: GENERAL OPINIONS

    Post by claudicici on Thu May 27, 2010 4:46 am

    Originally Posted by ziggy
    I just think believing you can fix or cure the "something" wrong with the people you speak of is the same delusional thinking that goes into believing that there have been great cures in Western medicine.

    We can't cure the common cold and a human being is far more complex. The study of Psychiatry is ever-changing and it is not an exact science. I don't have any faith that the profession can come up with an effective way to rehabilitate the repeat offenders and certainly not dangerous killers. There may be absolutely no way to "cure" or "rehab" a sociopath...then what? Turn them loose? Keep them locked in a mental facility for life? What's the differnce in a lifer at a mental facility and one in prison?

    I just don't think "we" can effectively rehabilitate about 90% of the murderers. Drugs are a huge factor and do you realize how many stints in rehab it takes for someone to get clean? It does not typically happen after their first stab at it, or second.

    I inclined to believe there are always going to be a certain number or percentage of people who are self destructive despite numerous attempts to save them; and there will be those who are bent on destroying others, regardless of the kindness of people or the brave interventions.

    Now with regard to the physical discomfort of a convicted murderer, I don't think I fall within the group that wants them to suffer but I do think they owe their debt to the family of the victim and to society as a whole to forfeit their own life and accept their "repayment" if you will. That means, do the time. I never wanted to see Sam suffer, nor do I want him to have a particularly cushy existence either.

    If everyone believed this way, there would be no chance of curing anything. IMO I believe the common cold could be cured, but there is to much money involved. The big drug company's would cry.
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: GENERAL OPINIONS

    Post by claudicici on Thu May 27, 2010 4:48 am

    Originally Posted by PAXIMUS
    So Dahmer's killer isnt a murderer?
    All conversations, the ones in this forum included require that words have meanings. Definitions have some flexibility, since there is no actual authority that can give the final word. But, without some degree of fixity, which we all implicitly agree to, communication would be impossible.

    The word "murder" has currently accepted meanings. It is not generally accepted that an executioner who takes the life or a convicted murderer who has been sentenced to die for the crimes for which he has been convicted would legitimately be referred to as a murderer.

    I would argue that your rhetorical approach here is flawed. If you wish to attempt to broaden the definition of the word "murderer," then it is incumbent upon you to first offer a case for that rather than to decree that your use is correct until challenged.
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: GENERAL OPINIONS

    Post by claudicici on Thu May 27, 2010 4:49 am

    Originally Posted by PAXIMUS
    So Dahmer's killer isnt a murderer?
    I don't believe I insinuated that.

    When we decide through our laws that an execution is a reasonable means of dealing with killers such as Dahmer, I don't have a problem with it. In a different jurisdiction he may have been sentenced to death. When an individual takes it upon themselves to administer justice that is not good public policy; so yes, he's a murderer.

    Does that mean the outcome was necessarily bad? What do you think? You think we'd be better off somehow feeding and housing JD? I can't say that I do. __________________
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: GENERAL OPINIONS

    Post by claudicici on Thu May 27, 2010 4:50 am

    Well for me it isnt about us being better off feeding him or whatever, it simply comes down to me refusing to accept state sanctioned killing. I would rather feed him then give big brother that sort of power, yes. To me thast a no brainer but maybe not to others who trust their elected leaders more than I do. I have a healthy distrust for government and authority in general and I am not willing to give it any more power than it needs.
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: GENERAL OPINIONS

    Post by claudicici on Thu May 27, 2010 4:52 am

    Originally Posted by NativeGirl
    I am a Christian and for the DP..
    like the Bible says eye for an eye.

    Genesis 9:6 says it plain as day.

    KJV Genesis 9:6 "Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man."

    Bible in Basic English Genesis 9:6 "Whoever takes a man's life, by man will his life be taken; because God made man in his image."

    Yes but that isnt what Jesus and the NT teach in fact Jesus was sacrificed so that one didnt need to follow the old laws anymore. Its we Jews who believe in the OT laws, not Christians, they believe in forgiveness and turning the other cheeck etc.

    If youre still under the OT law whats the point of Jesus sacrifice, Paul and Jesus both make it clear that you are no longer under those Laws, his blood was shed to remove that yoke from around your neck. In Jesus all sins, even murder, are forgiven
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: GENERAL OPINIONS

    Post by claudicici on Thu May 27, 2010 4:54 am

    Originally Posted by PAXIMUS
    Yes but that isnt what Jesus and the NT teach in fact Jesus was sacrificed so that one didnt need to follow the old laws anymore. Its we Jews who believe in the OT laws, not Christians, they believe in forgiveness and turning the other cheeck etc.
    So you're saying that God changes? According to my Bible, it says that God never changes therefore His word doesn't change.

    Malachi 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

    Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

    And since Jesus is God
    John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word(JESUS), and the Word(JESUS) was with God, and the Word(JESUS) was God.

    1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word(JESUS), and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

    And here is a verse that shows Jesus was present in the Old Testement

    Isaiah 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

    Also Jesus was present in the Beginning.

    Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

    Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

    So therefore if Jesus is the same forever and he is God and Never changes, that also mean that his word never changes. Not even this.

    KJV Genesis 9:6 "Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man."
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: GENERAL OPINIONS

    Post by claudicici on Thu May 27, 2010 4:55 am

    Do you seriously believe that Jesus would have no problem with the DP?

    One need not go as far as Jesus was willing to go, namely, to the point of sacrificing one's own life rather than returning evil for evil by taking up arms against those who were bent upon destroying him. One need not aspire to the higher calling of love, mercy, and forgiveness that Christ professed to see what is wrong with the capital punishment system. One only needs to accept the far more basic principles of fairness and equity to which the whole of humanity aspires in order to see the tragic faults of the death penalty as it is practiced in this country, and to put a stop to the killing, at the very least until serious reforms can be put into practice. And beyond that, for Christians who actually do profess to be imitators of the crucified one, supporting the death penalty is hypocritical at best, and possibly even an outright betrayal of Jesus himself imo.

    Look at who Jesus hung out with: lepers, prostitutes, thieves—the throwaways of his day. If you call yourselves Jesus' disciples, you too have to keep ministering to the marginated, the throwaways, the lepers of today. And there are no more marginated, thrown-away, and leprous people in our society than death-row inmates.

    Sponsored content

    Re: GENERAL OPINIONS

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:12 am