Outcasts

Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.


    Occult/Secret Societies/Longwood Chi etc

    Share
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: Occult/Secret Societies/Longwood Chi etc

    Post by claudicici on Tue May 11, 2010 2:33 am

    Longwood's Secret Society CHI Issues Statement on Vandalism




    In light of the recent "Joanie on the Pony" vandalism, CHI feels it is necessary to reflect on the long history that Longwood has with Joan of Arc. Our campus's relationship with Joan of Arc dates back to 1911, when the graduating class of Longwood (then called the State Normal School) adopted her image to be our patron saint by purchasing "Joanie on the Stony". Being an all-female school back then it was not a far stretch to think that Joan, in all of her lure, would be a perfect fit. The question that remains is if the 1911 graduating class at the State Normal School realized just how big of an impact Joan of Arc would have on the campus and its students? Years later in 1927, the Joan Circle of Alpha Delta Rho (known today as the Geist Chapter of Mortar Board) made the arrangements for "Joanie on the Stony" to sit in the Colonnade, so as to greet students on their way from the student building to the east wing of the Rotunda. Engraved on the marble base that holds Joan is "Who in the moment of victory remains inaccessible to vanity and hate. Who in the midst of popular enthusiasm lives in humility and prayer. Who in the universal crush of ambition covets neither profit nor honours." Joan's selflessness, courage, spirituality, and vigor echoes in her story and graces our campus with her presence. She has sat quietly at the entrance of Longwood for almost 100 years now; observing decades upon decades of students come and go. Next time you pass either "Joanie on the Stony", or "Joanie on the Pony" we challenge you to take some time and listen to what she has to say.
    CHI 2010



    Joanie on the Pony before Vandalism


    No Joanie

    Joan of Arc was famous for hearing voices and she was burned at the stake for heresy in what most historians feel was a politically motivated set up. Her companion in arms Gilles de Rais was famous for his dealings in the occult and for the murder and mutilation of children.
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: Occult/Secret Societies/Longwood Chi etc

    Post by claudicici on Tue May 11, 2010 2:34 am

    Originally Posted by blouAngel
    My research has uncovered some very interesting links between CHI and vanity. WWJD (Joan that is)

    http://www.target.com/s/176-9365266-...d%5Fchi%5Fhair

    I don't know about that, but it seems that there are a lot of superstitions around Longwood including about these statues. E.g.

    And oh yeah. I can't believe I almost forgot. Our Joanie on the Pony went AWOL. Our guiding figure or something as Joan of Arc. We have two statues of her, one on the walkway to French, known as Joanie on the Pony, and one in Ruffner, known as Joanie on the Stonie (we're cool enough to make up our own rhymes).

    There are lots of traditions and myths about those statues. Like if you touch Joanie on the Stonie's hands or feet it's supposed to be good luck. Same with touching Joanie on the Pony. But if you touch Joanie on the Pony and she feels warm it's supposedly a sign saying you're going to die. And also if you're walking in a group,, you can't split around her or it's bad luck.

    But anywaysssss, to get back on topic, she went missing. A lot of people, mostly people who live in French, were freaking out. Who stole Joanie on the Pony? Is it a prank? How did they do it? Facebook statuses went wild. In the end, it turns out someone DID damage her last night, and a LU organization took her away for restoration. Not quite as interesting a story as we could've hoped but at the same time we're anxious to have her back. We miss you Joanie!!


    So the statue is mysteriously vandalized and CHI has it. The remaining secret/non-existent CHI tunnels apparently run right under this statue as well. FWIW.
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: Occult/Secret Societies/Longwood Chi etc

    Post by claudicici on Tue May 11, 2010 2:38 am

    Originally Posted by piXy
    http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mykecon...s-official-ep2


    Sicktanick talks about his political views for 2 hours here

    I was suppose to cohost this but i ended up just calling in for a few instead lol

    Some pretty interesting stuff here, thank you PiXy.

    For example, one little tasty snack, SickTanick mentions symbolism of the Statue of Liberty including the spiked crown or crown of thorns. Liberty's crown has seven spikes apparently one for each of the seven continents.



    PRINCEPS droppings and marks:





    Conspiracy theories about the Statue of Liberty abound:

    http://holyspiritvictorious4ever.blo...f-liberty.html

    http://www.freemasonrywatch.org/statue_of_liberty.html

    http://www.allempires.com/forum/foru....asp?TID=27708

    etc.

    See also: http://books.google.com/books?id=3Gb...own%22&f=false and http://www.theosociety.org/pasadena/sd/sd2-2-13.htm
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: Occult/Secret Societies/Longwood Chi etc

    Post by claudicici on Tue May 11, 2010 3:04 am

    See also: http://books.google.com/books?id=I8P...age&q=&f=false


    Ruffner Hall Rotunda at Longwood University

    The opening at the top of a rotunda is called an "oculus".

    I previously mentioned that Dan Brown's book the Lost Symbol was released on 9/15/09 very likely the same day as the murders. Like some CHI droppings, the hardcover version of this book features the alchemical symbol for vinegar on the bottom, but is also features a rotunda as key element of the story; the one in the U.S. Capitol Building.

    For Tapu: http://www.consultsos.com/pandora/ocular.htm

    See also: http://books.google.com/books?id=I8P...age&q=&f=false
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: Occult/Secret Societies/Longwood Chi etc

    Post by claudicici on Tue May 11, 2010 3:06 am

    What does the Bible say of Lucifer? “How are you fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning.” OK, now it’s all starting to make sense. If we look at the name’s Latin roots, we get lux (light) + ferous (to bear or carry). The light-bearer. Prometheus? He who the gods punished for all eternity for daring to bring fire (i.e., wisdom, enlightenment) to mankind. From the Christian perspective, he was the one “cast out of heaven.” O, Son/Sun of the Morning Star.

    Also consider the "Morning Star" Venus, bringer of first light then cast out of the heavens as the Sun rises and takes its place.





    It all really comes together nicely when you really start to think about it all in proper context.

    Light, an interesting topic indeed!


    Lucifer:


    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: Occult/Secret Societies/Longwood Chi etc

    Post by claudicici on Tue May 11, 2010 3:09 am

    All of these secret societies pretty much have the same objectives and that is to use their membership to gain positions of status and power in their professions. Some, like Yale's Skull and Bones society, which the Bush family is a big part of and which was modeled after the German Thule society, are more adept at it than others, for example the CIA has an incredible amount of S and B members in its employ and some speculate that it is a CIA breeding ground which makes sense since Prescot Bush was a member and also one of the original founders of the forerunning organization to the CIA, known as the OSS. Beyond that I dont know that there is anything occult or magickal related going on with them other than the fact that they have chosen to represent themselves using the symbols of the ancient occult mystery traditions. FWIW I would say that most if not all members of these types of organizations know little to nothing about the occult and are simply using it as a social network. It does become sinister however when all these former members in the professional world scratch eachothers backs in politics, law, banking etc, to the detriment of the rest of us working class stiffs.
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: Occult/Secret Societies/Longwood Chi etc

    Post by claudicici on Thu May 13, 2010 1:51 am

    Hi PinkL and welcome.

    I agree that Longwood probably had nothing to do with why Sam was there and killed, however, because the occult is involved in the horrorcore music and the beliefs of Sam, Emma and Mel, the coincidences have been an interesting divergence.

    Since the Commonwealth has been pretty tight with the release of any information post the release to the public of the search warrants (which had to have only been a fraction of what they have), the other topics have been fascinating considering Prof. Kelly's area as an educator and the history of secret socieities and "undergound" music that proclaims to be a conveyance of occult teachings...

    I have always been interested in Prof. Kelly's life and how she came to have Sam stay at their home and if she had any communications with friends or family about what she thought of him, or if she suspected anything strange at all about him.
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: Occult/Secret Societies/Longwood Chi etc

    Post by claudicici on Thu May 13, 2010 2:03 am

    Originally Posted by dangrsmind
    Here's an interesting description of hazing and early secret society practices at the Normal School in Farmville in 1909 which was right around when Chi was founded. This is from the LoC Farmville Herald archives I linked to previously.

    The article of interest is in the upper left corner and it is entitled "Fun at the Normal". http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...08/ed-1/seq-1/

    It is a bit hard to read, but please note the bit "She entered the mysteries and emerged smiling." Hmm.

    It is also worth mentioning that based on my research the founders of the Farmville Female Seminary Association and the Normal School likely would not approve at all of the placing statues of a Catholic saint at the school.

    I thought that was a little odd. Not a lot of Catholics in Southern VA. You've probably seen the JMU history site with an explanation of their Joan. http://www.jmu.edu/centennialcelebration/joan.shtml

    Joan of Arc was apparently popular at women's colleges around that time. I don't know that there is any connection, but I wonder if the women's clothing reform movement had anything to do with that.
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: Occult/Secret Societies/Longwood Chi etc

    Post by claudicici on Thu May 13, 2010 2:28 am

    You must be well aware of the history of Prince Edward Academy then. For those who don't know much about the history of the fight against school integration in Virginia, Prince Edward County closed its public schools from 1959 to 1964 rather than integrate them. Prince Edward Academy, now known as Fuqua School (I wonder what sort of jeers they get from opposing football teams), was a nominally private whites only school that received funding from the local government while it refused to allow black students the opportunity to attend public schools. The Supreme Court stopped that practice in 1964 with their decision in Griffin v. County School Board of Prince Edward with a 9-0 decision in favor of the plaintiff.

    Prince Edward and Farmville are very much still in the consciousness and activities of the White Supremacist movement.
    Warning--- Stormfront isn't for the easily offended.
    http://www.stormfront.org/forum/show...ight=farmville
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: Occult/Secret Societies/Longwood Chi etc

    Post by claudicici on Thu May 13, 2010 2:47 am

    There's a very interesting New York Times article on an academic symposium on blackmetal here.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/15/ar...html?th&emc=th
    You need to be registered, or at least you used to need that. I am anyway, so I'm not 100% sure of that, but it's free, easy, and allows you access to lots of interesting archival articles.

    "But perhaps the day’s most profound lecture came from Mr. Scott, who spoke in priestly cadences about black metal as part of the ritual of confession.

    “The black metal event is a confession without need of absolution, without need of redemption,” he said. It is, he added, “a cleaning up of the mess of others.” He invoked the old English tradition of sin eating by means of burial cakes, in which a loaf of bread was put on a funeral bier or a corpse, and a paid member of the community would eat the bread, representing sin, to absolve and comfort the deceased.

    “Black metal has become the sin eater,” he intoned. “It is engaged in transgressive behavior to be rid of it.”"
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: Occult/Secret Societies/Longwood Chi etc

    Post by claudicici on Thu May 13, 2010 2:52 am

    I never in amillion years would have ever imagined I'd see "academic symposium" and black metal in the same sentence....
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: Occult/Secret Societies/Longwood Chi etc

    Post by claudicici on Thu May 13, 2010 2:59 am

    Originally Posted by peace_gurl
    I believe all students have the spirit of Longwood. It is their school.
    Nothing to do with droppings.
    Kinda funny saw a college kid today with his LU tie on and thought of you. Thought to my self "oh my, wonder why he is wearing that wicked tie, does he knows what it means" If you do not have school pride then I believe you should find another school.

    My oldest daughter graduated top of her class. She was honored during graduation. She was picked because she was outstanding according to her professors. I am proud to say she landed a great job after graduation when her friends from other schools were begging to flip burgers.
    She took care of a sick parent, worked 3 jobs and walked away from LU not owing a dime. She made her own luck. She was determined and she has a great love for LU.

    See thats the thing that I think DM is trying to point out is that these symbols that freemasons, secret societies etc use all have real actual meanings behind them and some of them are not so good but 99% of those who belong to these groups have no idea what those symbols mean, to them its just something they use to identify themselves with and distinguish themselves from others but to those of us who study these things and understand these symbols and whose eyes have been trained to recognize and read them, they are sometimes indentifying themselves with things that are not so good and distinguishing themselves as someone who may be more than what they appear to be.
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: Occult/Secret Societies/Longwood Chi etc

    Post by claudicici on Thu May 13, 2010 3:01 am

    Signs and symbols only have the meanings that are assigned to them by convention. They do not exist in a world of their own where they have either significance or power. They exist as signs and symbols only by the implicit agreement of their users.

    Take the word "cat" for instance. If any two of us, we all seem to be fluent in English, were to have a conversation about the fuzzy little pet that likes to push his way onto my lap while I'm at my computer, we could use the word "cat" to refer to him without any explanation or discussion of the word's meaning.

    By convention, the word "cat" can refer to fuzzy little mammals of a particular type. We can modify it with any number of other words that are by convention allowable: "fuzzy cat", "my cat", "pain in the ass cat", etc.. Those meanings exist because we have a complex structure of which they are a part which has evolved to allow us to communicate with one another.

    That structure itself only exists through the active participation of a particular group of people acting together in a particular context, at a particular time. None of those things are fixed, and actually are constantly in flux but they are all more or less necessary for any mark, object, sound, or collection of any of those to be a symbol or a sign.

    "Cat" as described above is actually two different things, because I wrote of a conversation. The set of marks use to write "cat" is itself associated with the sound we use in conversation to refer to that animal again by convention only. It is also flexible, since we would likely still recognize it even if spoken in any of the wide range of accents that participants on this forum might have. That sound pronounced køt or kat, according to my Apple dictionary, could also be associated with spellings such at khat or ghat and could refer to any number of other things depending as usual on where, when, and among whom it's being used. If we prepend another descriptor, like Hobie to cat, we refer to a sailboat.

    "Cat" then, we can easily see means nothing on its own. It has no history, it has no baggage. The same is true for signs and symbols in general. The chief distinction between signs and symbols is that signs are entirely abstract while symbols have some sort of recognizable relationship to what they are used to symbolize. A stop sign is a sign because there is nothing other than convention that associates red octagons with stopping. Red can be a symbol of sacrifice, because sacrifice not uncommonly involves the spilling of blood, blood is red, and so on.

    It is also clear that stop signs have nothing to do, unless we were to go through some complex rhetorical gymnastics (of course not unknown in these parts), with sacrifice. Red then can be seen to carry no universal symbolic meaning. The same is true of any other symbols. Their meaning only exists by agreement. If we don't agree, they don't mean anything and they can't accidentally or unintentionally have meaning either.
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: Occult/Secret Societies/Longwood Chi etc

    Post by claudicici on Thu May 13, 2010 3:05 am

    Originally Posted by dangrsmind
    Sounds like she is on a good track.

    And nothing wrong with pride in your school.

    But the school is named after a plantation where human beings were kept in slavery and parts of it were built on the unmarked graves of slaves.

    And is it pride in their school that leads people to continue hundred year old traditions employing symbols representing lynchings and cross burnings? Come on now.

    Personally I think it is either willful ignorance or something worse...

    And as far as "step on a crack, break your mother's back"...Read this: http://www.csicop.org/superstition/library/cracks/

    I sure wish that article cited some sources. I'd like to see just a bit of justification for what they say.

    I'm not a linguist (oh yoo hoo resident linguist) but I've read and noted myself that a lot of rhyming structures, like melodic structures fit into some sort of set of comfortable or pleasing patterns. Those are the real archetypes in my view.

    Jack and Jill went up the hill;
    To fetch a pail of water.

    Jack fell down and broke his crown;
    and Jill came tumbling after.

    There's a slight elongation of wa- and af- both finished by a clearly terminating -ter. There is is also a regular and particular rhythmic and somewhat melodic pattern in both verses. It's hard to write about these things, particularly with no specialized notation, but if you repeat them aloud, it's pretty obvious.

    Compare "Step on a crack, you'll break your mama's back" as I heard that as a kid with the slightly less pleasing "Step on a crack; break your mother's back" as suggested in that article and the completely unmusical "Step on a crack and your mother will turn black" they claim that's derived from. I can't even find a pleasing variation on the last one. Dropping the "and" helps, but "will turn" just doesn't fit the rhythmic pattern and there's no pleasing melody. Yes, of course those things are subjective and cultural, but keep humming "Jack and Jill" and see if it doesn't have a certain "something."

    I'm skeptical of their suggested origin because its sticking power would have as much to do with its song like nature as with the subject matter. It's lacking the things that make "Jack and Jill" so sticky. I also find it very hard to believe that something so primitive has such a recent origin. I'm not going to buy that explanation without some real evidence.
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: Occult/Secret Societies/Longwood Chi etc

    Post by claudicici on Thu May 13, 2010 3:09 am

    Originally Posted by dangrsmind
    Blou, you've made this semiotics based argument before. I think it has some merit actually and warrants a more detailed response than I have time to give at the moment. However, in brief, there are three aspects that I think you are failing to consider.

    First, there is the action of the unconscious and the collective unconscious which can endow a symbol with meaning even if the detailed symbolism is not consciously known. This is why some attendees to the Chi-burnings describe them as "scary" or "spooky" despite likely not understanding the symbols being presented to them.

    The second point is the evolution of the situation due to the Internet. The Internet enables all known meanings of a symbol to be retrieved easily including those meanings that are outmoded, no longer in use or unusual. This changes everything because in a sense meanings can never be lost or outmoded now. I think this largely renders your argument obsolete.

    Finally, remember that with occult symbols the meanings have often existed as esoteric knowledge for thousands of years. These meanings have not been lost, they are well known and have been known, but only to those who spend the time to learn and can now see.

    More later...


    In fact the occult symbols were used to PRESERVE certain knowledge in a hidden esoteric and symbolic language so that it could not be destroyed by the church which had a habit of burning books with things in them that they didnt agree with, so the original secret societies hid this knowledge that the church didnt approve of in SYMBOLS and incorporated those symbols in to BUILDINGS and even GAMES like a deck of tarot cards so that this knowledge would be preserved for future generations and never destroyed. This is why if you join an occult secret society the first thing you will be taught is the meaning of these symbols because to the trained and initiated eye they tell a story, much like a book with words.

    If your eyes are trained and initiated properly you can look at a middle ages cathedral and it will read like a story book of occult philosophy because these masons were part of the secret guilds who had this knowledge and they hid it right under the churches nose by incorporating their hidden occult symbols right in to the buildings themselves. Most catholics dont know it but the buildings they attend church in every sunday are literally desiged in to shapes like a penis and a vagina but you have to have trained eyes to see it. I kid you not I dont make this stuff up. Ive spent a lifetime on this.

    What pisses me off is I have been studying this stuff all my life and Dan Brown comes along and turns it in to a big joke with all his silly books and movies which I believe has the purpose of turning the truth which they cannot hide anymore in to entertainment so that can say "oh thats hollywood you cant take entertainment like that seriously."

    The old switcheroo at work again.

    Dont be fooled by Brown he isnt on our side he is working for them to keep it covered up by turning it in to mainstream entertainment so that those who speak of such things will be told they take their entertainment too seriously. The best place to hide something is right out in the ****ing open.
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: Occult/Secret Societies/Longwood Chi etc

    Post by claudicici on Fri May 14, 2010 2:41 am

    Hi, this is my first post here. Oh, and please, do hold the applause; I can already feel that I will be warmly welcome.

    My generation (us crrraaazy college students), has grown up KNOWING (by knowing i actually mean being taught) that the bad guys were the Islamic extremists. Little did I, and my poorly educated classmates at Longwood University, know that true evil was hiding right under our noses! CHI, the source of all evil, the wrong doers, the domestic terrorists! If only we had known that THEY were the problem, with their "high" gpa's and numerous "extra curricular" activities. We all know now what they were actually doing behind closed doors....

    Well, let’s see, as a Longwood student (a junior, with enough credits to graduate) I suppose it SHOULD be up to me to tell you people what that is. Here it is: NOTHING.

    That was exciting, and almost true. The only thing chi does actually do is walk around every once and a while with a BAG (not pointy hood) over their head and sox, yes sox, on their hands. It’s funny as hell for those of you who are trying to picture it in your heads. Calling CHI a cult with a hidden meaning is like calling the gay pride parade in New York a conspiring cult against Jews. For those of you who didn’t get that analogy, the similarities are drawn between the two in that neither makes ANY sense.

    Why did four people die? Here is what happened: Dr. Kelly and her husband had problems. It reflected onto their child, who then had problems. She was friends with other crazy people, one of which was a nutcase sent to use by the California’s (that’s Sam). The California kid killed all four people: two of which were good people, and should have your respect, not your crazy assumptions about the town they are from. One of those people who died was an innocent child. She didn’t even have a chance to mature. The other was just a friend coming to visit.

    Now, i live here, i go to school here, and i see the people who were hurt by this. Dr. Kelly had problems in her family, but she was a good person who worked for a good university that cared about her. The ONLY bad person here was the one who came from somewhere else. Perhaps we should be talking about where that poor excuses of a life form came from and not highlighting ghost stories told by one of our most famous professors (whom my family is good friends with).

    Oh, and for those of you who believe those ghost stories, don’t. I lived in one of the "haunted" dorms, everyone knows its a joke, except for you a select few on these forums.

    As for the symbolism stuff, get real. This isn’t the movie Angels and Demons (which is a great movie and book, i encourage you to read/watch it). Not everything has a hidden meaning or secret code, just ask the comic act called CHI.


    Sincerely, Longwood Univserity Student Body (well, at least one of us).
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: Occult/Secret Societies/Longwood Chi etc

    Post by claudicici on Fri May 14, 2010 2:42 am

    If you look deep enough into anything you will find strange correlations. However, as a major of economics i am very good at statistical analysis, specifically that employed by a program called stata. While correlation may be present, they are not nessecarily significant. This logic can be applied to anything. For example, the number on the house being 505 may seem to correlate to Sam. However, it could have been any assortment of variation that could have connected to him. The number was not relevant in any other way and should not be considered significant (statistically speaking). If every one of his friends had the tatoo of that numbers, then we would have a case. Secondly, Sams affiliation with longwood was only through the mother of his girlfriend, who was not a currently active professor. The assumtion that he would in any way even have knowledge of CHI is far fetched.

    The arguements presented here are all interesting, there is no doubt about that. However, viewed form a logical persepective, none of this holds any viable significance in WHY he committed these murders. I cannot stress the importance of the meaning of the word assumption enough here. It is unsound to make such accusations based off of far fetch assumptions, which in turn were based off of the research of bloggers that arent even completely accurate.
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: Occult/Secret Societies/Longwood Chi etc

    Post by claudicici on Fri May 14, 2010 2:43 am

    "What pisses me off is I have been studying this stuff all my life and Dan Brown comes along and turns it in to a big joke with all his silly books and movies which I believe has the purpose of turning the truth which they cannot hide anymore in to entertainment so that can say "oh thats hollywood you cant take entertainment like that seriously." quote from paximus

    "As for the symbolism stuff, get real. This isn’t the movie Angels and Demons (which is a great movie and book, i encourage you to read/watch it). Not everything has a hidden meaning or secret code, just ask the comic act called CHI."quote from ijustmadethisup4

    He just proved your point ,pax....
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: Occult/Secret Societies/Longwood Chi etc

    Post by claudicici on Fri May 14, 2010 2:59 am

    I mean this in the nicest possible way: I’m confused. Can someone help me get from A to B?

    Accepting that 505 is the number of the Kelley home, the NM area code, and is tattooed on the neck of a SKR leader; accepting that Sam’s nickname evoked Pazuzu; accepting that Farmville has a history of racism, slavery, and secret organizations like the KKK; accepting that Longwood has an unusually large number of ghost stories associated with it; accepting that Chi originally had a darker purpose…

    How do we get to the Farmville murders?

    Is the suggestion that Sam was possessed, say by the ghost of a former slave? A demon that smells like death? Was he provoked by a slew of spirits who are not at rest, a la Poltergeist? Did he enter some sort of spiritual vortex or magnetic field? Was there a dimensional shift or tear in the space-time continuum?

    I dearly hope this does not come across as snarky or negative – this is a sincere inquiry. I’m just trying to follow the path of the occult interpretation.
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: Occult/Secret Societies/Longwood Chi etc

    Post by claudicici on Fri May 14, 2010 3:00 am

    Consider for example the fan video made of SickTanick's 2012 song. The video is made with footage from the movie Gamers and includes a shot of the protagonist's arm which has a tattoo that has several links to Sam McCroskey. What does it mean and how did this connection get there?

    I personally have no f-ing clue. I generally think it is best simply to observe these connections and oddities and then move on. Maybe in the end all I am talking about here are illusory patterns in noise (see http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/conten...t/322/5898/115) but if so they are at the very least intriguing illusions.

    Alternatively, one might conclude these sorts of things are part of some larger pattern or system. Perhaps we can only partially observe and don't really understand this larger structure. As to it's exact workings I would have no idea, but it needn't be supernatural just mysterious and unknown.

    What is your opinion?
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: Occult/Secret Societies/Longwood Chi etc

    Post by claudicici on Fri May 14, 2010 3:01 am

    Originally Posted by PAXIMUS
    Have you bothered to read the 5 other threads full of THOUSANDS of comments about the murder, who, what, when, why and how, or are you just crashing the party late and assuming things?

    We have discussed this murder more THAN ANYONE ANYWHERE and thats a fact, we are now all friends and to keep eachothers company WHILE WE WAIT FOR MORE INFO and not lose contact with eachother we are simply hanging around trying to keep the thread alive and having a GENERAL DISCUSSION about things that interest us.

    If you want our feelings about the case and I can assure there is more credible research about this case on the 5 previous threads than anywhere else PERIOD, then go read them and stop assuming things because you skipped POINT A and went straight to POINT B.


    Paximus, I like many of your opinions more than others in this forum. They seem well thought out. However, you seem to have misunderstood my statements. They are not supose to be jokes to everyone. But it is terribly hard to take CHI walks seriously if you have ever seen one. You all make CHI out to be this serious secret society, when it is common knowledge amoungst any active students on how you can wiggle your way into CHI. I served on the judicial board of my university with several CHI members. It doesnt mean anything, except, perhaps pride?

    Second, i see your stance on symbolism. However, my "ignorant generation" seems to understand it better than you may realize. You seem to talk about the word "symbolism" from a theoretical or historical viewpoint. However, this is often irrelivant. The meaning of a symbol is the understanding of it by the culture it is used in. In other words, while hostorically the meanings may be something else that in modern usage they are not. The example used earlier of the swastika is an excelent one. Hostorically, it has been many things. However, in our culture, the culture of the West, it stands for Nazis. Why? Because thats how it is commonly understood.

    Next i would like to address your hints of racism. In your statement you refered to me and my fellow peers as a "bunch southern white college kids." This really gets to me, and in response, though i typically agree with you and support you, this statement makes me think of you as an ignorant elitest. First, most of my friends here (and ALL of my roomates) are from nothern virginia and the DC area. This is not considered "the south." Second, there is a very large population of people here form New York, this also is not part of "the south." Third, though we are a very small University, we are division one. This means we recruit alot of out of state people. We have a VERY large diversity of students here. Fourth, given the size of the college, Longwood has a massive exchange program with a chinese university. Calling us a bunch of "southern white kids" is about as wrong as me calling you an ignorant yankee. But hey, i guess we all make our mistakes, i wont hold this one against you.

    Finally, if you wish to discuss things you are interested in, go for it. I would love to be involved with these discussion. But much of what you are saying hints at a conclusion that my school could be part of the problem. This is insane. I will, with every resource available to me, defend the integrity of my University. I do not with for you all to stop this forum, but i think it is fair for me to say: stop making assumptions about things that you seem to know VERY little about. Fine, bring up the story of CHI, but do not try to turn it into a game of pointing fingers when not a single one of you even knows what the CURRENT CHI is, nor what it stands for.

    Lets remember, there are people in this forum whom this affected directly, including myself. When you manufacture some of these bogus assumptions you offend people, expecially when you refear to us as a "ignorant generation," or "a bunch of southern white kids."

    One more quick thing: a friend of mine who is CHI is black. Im not sure he would like it if you called him a "southern white kid parading around with a bag over his head." You are obviously an intelegent person, PLEASE try not to act like this.

    Forgive me if there are grammical mistakes, im in a hurry!
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: Occult/Secret Societies/Longwood Chi etc

    Post by claudicici on Fri May 14, 2010 3:05 am

    Originally Posted by angel10510
    [BBM] Ah. Okay. I assumed a supernatural connection was suggested. It seems I was looking at it the wrong way. If I'm understanding you it's about seeing and recognizing patterns and signs, which may or may not point to something concrete, which can be heavily dependent on context, and whose meaning may remain mysterious and unknown, perhaps even unknowable. Here, it seems to me, the process is what is valued most-- seeking, gathering, sifting, reflecting, weaving -- rather than finding concrete, material significance.

    This paragraph captures the magic of this thread, I think. Even though many of the connections being made and directions being taken may not bear fruit, or not bear fruit that is recognized or understood (yet or completely), the process itself and those different connections are worth experiencing intellectually and spiritually. I swear I can feel my mind growing or opening up as I consider some of the ideas that have been tossed around here.
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: Occult/Secret Societies/Longwood Chi etc

    Post by claudicici on Fri May 14, 2010 3:16 am

    Originally Posted by Ijustmadethisup4
    Ahh, ok. I see what you mean paximus. Yes, symbols like those often do not change meaning. I just feel that you guys over over estimating what is behind CHI, they really have no influence at the university. Thanks for clarifying those things. I find things like the bilderberg group very interesting, its just that CHI is a poor example of a non-secret society, much less a secret one.
    ...again just like in my response to pink's comment,this reminds me so much of when I "jumped" into the thread...I felt like SKR was being overestimated...I used the same argument...it's just entertainment,there's no meaning to it,Sam acted on his own....I was proven wrong in a way because it turns out sick knows exatcly what he's talking about and he's taking it very serious....as far as if that has anything to do with the murders I still don't think so but I'm more open to discuss it now....so you might think CHI has not much of a meaning anymore...but there might be people within chI that know the meaning very well and take it very serious....does it have anything to to do with the murders?....I think most of us,including me,are pressuming Sam is guilty and that's not something we should do...so until more evidence is released anything is possible and anything could be explored imo....
    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: Occult/Secret Societies/Longwood Chi etc

    Post by claudicici on Mon May 17, 2010 4:38 am

    Originally Posted by Ijustmadethisup4
    Hang him? Ahh crap, we dont do that any more. I supose the state of VA will just have to do the lethal injection.

    (BTW, i dont advicate hanging people, i could see people connecting that to the souther state thing lol.)

    Oh, and i agree with both people who say Virginia is a southern state AND the one that says its not. I would say southern virginia is a completely different place from northern virgnia. COMPLETELY different.



    Yeah this is hilarious.

    But maybe you meant more like this:



    The Hanged Man represents the initiate into the mysteries.

    He is also identified with Odin:

    "The Hanged Man is often associated with Odin, the primary god of the Norse Pantheon. Odin hung upside down from the world-tree, Yggdrasil, for nine days to attain wisdom and thereby retrieved The Runes from the Well of Wyrd, which the Norse cosmology regarded as the source and end of all Mystery and all knowledge. The moment he glimpsed the runes, he died, but the knowledge of them was so powerful that he immediately returned to life. This interpretation highlights the necessity of undertaking acts of personal sacrifice in order to achieve one's own higher spiritual good."

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hanged_Man_(tarot_card)

    Note also the pose of the hanged man which is known as a "fylfot":

    avatar
    claudicici

    Posts : 1259
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: Occult/Secret Societies/Longwood Chi etc

    Post by claudicici on Tue May 18, 2010 2:49 am

    If you look at a map of Virginia you will notice that Farmville is in the center of the state and that everything interesting is toward the perimeter. It is as far as you can get from the parts of Virginia that anyone would want to see, with the exception of Appomattox Courthouse. Originally known as Bizarre, Farmville had changed its name a few decades before my arrival, opting vainly for the bland. Prince Edward County had been notorious in its resistance to Integration. Alabama had blustered, George Wallace had stood in the school house door, but Farmville had responded to the 1954 Supreme Court decision by simply shutting its public schools altogether. At the time of my arrival, white pupils attended a racist "academy" and black pupils either attended an impoverished county school or went out of state. On a per capita basis, Farmville was the suicide capitol of the nation.

    From http://www.counterpunch.org/vest11142003.html

    Sponsored content

    Re: Occult/Secret Societies/Longwood Chi etc

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:12 am