Outcasts

Outcasts

Forum for outcast sleuths.


    Sam in court today (June 22)

    Share
    avatar
    ericclimbs

    Posts : 246
    Join date : 2010-02-16
    Location : CA

    Sam in court today (June 22)

    Post by ericclimbs on Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:44 pm

    Motions hearing set for Sept. 20. I think he still could be headed for a trial.

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    In this article, "his attorneys have asked for a change in venue":

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Sam in court today (June 22)

    Post by Guest on Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:45 pm

    http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/2010/jun/22/accused-farmville-killer-makes-court-appearance-ar-228886/

    sam's lawyer says he is still remorseful. no other comments about the case. still awaiting DNA info, and mental evaluation results
    picture shows that silly grin he has, makes you wonder if he really is remorseful or nervous in front of the media, thus the silly grin
    avatar
    ericclimbs

    Posts : 246
    Join date : 2010-02-16
    Location : CA

    Re: Sam in court today (June 22)

    Post by ericclimbs on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:27 pm

    From Maunsapts' link above -- "No trial date has been set; [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] said it could
    be scheduled in October."
    avatar
    ericclimbs

    Posts : 246
    Join date : 2010-02-16
    Location : CA

    Re: Sam in court today (June 22)

    Post by ericclimbs on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:33 pm

    News video link with poorly written article below it:

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    avatar
    ericclimbs

    Posts : 246
    Join date : 2010-02-16
    Location : CA

    Another Link

    Post by ericclimbs on Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:45 pm

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

    Another link, slightly longer article than the others with a bit of re-cap in it. Not much new here but we've been waiting so long for this date. I guess now we wait until Sept. 20th for more.

    I hope the whole gang is still keeping tabs on this forum despite the lack of posting. I know its fizzled out quite a bit -- myself as guilty as anyone for not posting much, but if most are like me its because of summer. I spend far less time on my computer when the weather is so beautiful outside. Also, as I live in a summer tourist town, work is busier than ever. I hope everyone is well.
    avatar
    ziggy

    Posts : 950
    Join date : 2010-02-16
    Age : 56
    Location : Sonoma County CA

    Re: Sam in court today (June 22)

    Post by ziggy on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:34 pm

    Well, no deal yet. The September 20th hearing will likely set a trial date and Bowen says that date could be in October! The attorneys have until Aug. 15 to file motions for the Sept. 20 hearing.

    Interesting to see Sam in the orange jumpsuit, looking a bit heavier and still a little smirky for my liking. No SKR underwear for him anymore.
    avatar
    ziggy

    Posts : 950
    Join date : 2010-02-16
    Age : 56
    Location : Sonoma County CA

    Re: Sam in court today (June 22)

    Post by ziggy on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:37 pm

    PS Hi Eric! Yes, looks like he is headed for trial. The prosecution probably does not want a deal - they want a slam dunk conviction and this is probably looking like one of those cases for them - an easy victory that perpetuates public confidence.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Sam in court today (June 22)

    Post by Guest on Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:20 pm

    ziggy wrote:

    Interesting to see Sam in the orange jumpsuit, looking a bit heavier and still a little smirky for my liking. No SKR underwear for him anymore.
    Exactly, that smirk is not cool. and i noticed he looks a bit heavier. must be eating well.
    Thanks for the heads up Eric, I, too have been guilty of posting, but i do frequent the place looking for new information. At this rate, the next hearing will be after the year anniversary of his crime. I wonder why it is taking a good while getting all the DNA info, wonder what they are looking at. And the mental evaluation, why is this a long process too?
    avatar
    tapu

    Posts : 228
    Join date : 2010-02-16
    Age : 57
    Location : Sunny Maine

    Re: Sam in court today (June 22)

    Post by tapu on Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:17 pm

    For the record: I'm definitely around a lot. Just not always posting.

    I think this kind of thing (forum) has to hang together organically; meaning, for me, that I trust we'll gather here when the main focus is again active. Hope so--I'm definitely looking forward to it.
    avatar
    piXy

    Posts : 241
    Join date : 2010-03-04
    Location : South of Hell

    Re: Sam in court today (June 22)

    Post by piXy on Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:28 pm

    His smile pisses me off so fucking bad! he is the worlds biggest douche, hope hes proud of himself.
    avatar
    piXy

    Posts : 241
    Join date : 2010-03-04
    Location : South of Hell

    Re: Sam in court today (June 22)

    Post by piXy on Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:31 pm

    ziggy wrote:
    Interesting to see Sam in the orange jumpsuit, looking a bit heavier and still a little smirky for my liking. No SKR underwear for him anymore.

    hahaha!!!!!!!!! i hope he has red stains in his underwear from getting raped like the lil bitch he is
    avatar
    Wes

    Posts : 34
    Join date : 2010-02-26
    Location : Virginia

    Re: Sam in court today (June 22)

    Post by Wes on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:34 pm

    Gee, another three months. But, I guess it's good I'm not the only one that's just been checking the site periodically.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Sam in court today (June 22)

    Post by Guest on Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:16 am

    ziggy wrote:PS Hi Eric! Yes, looks like he is headed for trial. The prosecution probably does not want a deal - they want a slam dunk conviction and this is probably looking like one of those cases for them - an easy victory that perpetuates public confidence.
    That seems to be the case.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Sam in court today (June 22)

    Post by Guest on Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:29 am

    piXy wrote:
    ziggy wrote:
    Interesting to see Sam in the orange jumpsuit, looking a bit heavier and still a little smirky for my liking. No SKR underwear for him anymore.

    hahaha!!!!!!!!! i hope he has red stains in his underwear from getting raped like the lil bitch he is
    Probably not yet. The regional jail is for people awaiting trial [like Sam] and people convicted of comparatively minor offences like shoplifting and drug possession. He is not in there with hardened dangerous criminals and the jail is no doubt taking extra care to keep him seperate due to the sensational nature of his crime.
    If he is sentenced to die he will like miss a lot of the prison abuse because he will be transferred to a different unit on death row and will miss his time in general population.
    If he gets life in prison he could be placed in general population where he will likely be abused in all kinds of ways.
    avatar
    Percy
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 1274
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: Sam in court today (June 22)

    Post by Percy on Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:19 pm

    I sure thought this was going to be pleaded out, I actually had a real reason to believe it but it appears the information I had was inaccurate for whatever reason. So I am very surprised by this turn of events and certainly not disappointed at all as like anyone else, I would enjoy seeing this go to trial and see how it turns out in the end as opposed to just a plea deal and we never really get any of the facts.

    SO I guess we stick together for a few more months until this gets worked out.

    Good to see some of you back around again, I am now back home for a short time to see the family, will probably return to Mississippi in a week or so but that hasnt been worked out yet, in the meantime it is good to see my kids and the wife and certainly all of you!

    What else is new?


    _________________
    Ask me about $cientology, E-Meters, Xenu, The R-6 Implant, Body Thetans, Engrams and the State of Clear.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Sam in court today (June 22)

    Post by Guest on Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:01 pm

    1] Good to have you back Percy.
    2] I am wildly disappointed that this goes to trial but understand why. Though we may learn more details from a trial VA is also likely adding another inmate to death row.
    3] I hope we stick together as a forum even after this trial is over.
    avatar
    Percy
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 1274
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: Sam in court today (June 22)

    Post by Percy on Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:26 am

    Scott wrote:1] Good to have you back Percy.
    2] I am wildly disappointed that this goes to trial but understand why. Though we may learn more details from a trial VA is also likely adding another inmate to death row.
    3] I hope we stick together as a forum even after this trial is over.

    I am certain we will stick together as I will be creating a much better user friendly and more professional discision forum that will cover a wide variety of topics such as legal discussion current events true crime, sports, science, psycology, stuff like he case youre working and many other topics and it will be easily searched for on google and I will spam it and get more members, I havent done that here because we dont want a lot of new members here reading about this stuff and the wrong people showing up causing problems.


    I would like to see a trial but I understand it could result in a DP and that is unacceptable but maybe not, we will see. I still think there is a chance for a deal and I had some VERY credible information that I shared with you in private to indicate such but I guess that person, who should know better than anyone else in the world, gave me some bad information.


    Good to see you brother Scott and the rest of you too, I will be around a lot this week so be ready for some good discussion! We will get this place kickin again this week.


    _________________
    Ask me about $cientology, E-Meters, Xenu, The R-6 Implant, Body Thetans, Engrams and the State of Clear.
    avatar
    ziggy

    Posts : 950
    Join date : 2010-02-16
    Age : 56
    Location : Sonoma County CA

    Re: Sam in court today (June 22)

    Post by ziggy on Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:25 am

    Hey Perc: good to see you. I would of course be interested in the trial and the legal process. I'm taking driminal procedure now and it's quite interesting. Real life stuff to follow puts it all in perspective and I have Civil Procedure and Evidence im the fall. Can't wait!

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Sam in court today (June 22)

    Post by Guest on Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:46 pm

    Is the absurdly slow pace that this is moving grinding on anyone else's nerves? The one constant I have found with the legal system is that NOTHING happens quickly.
    avatar
    Percy
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 1274
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: Sam in court today (June 22)

    Post by Percy on Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:22 pm

    Scott wrote:Is the absurdly slow pace that this is moving grinding on anyone else's nerves? The one constant I have found with the legal system is that NOTHING happens quickly.
    Well of course the accused has a right to a speedy trial, it is usually the defense that stalls these proceedings and for good reason usually. Some reasons are to let the frenzy that comes after such a crime die down so that you can get jurors who have a fuzzy memory of it and then of course the defense has to wait their turn to get ahold of the evidence and examine it themselves, that takes time, and then the psychological evaluations and the many, many motions that the defense will file prior to trial to exclude this or that or change venue, so this is very typical and while I did expect a plea deal and had good reason to assume that would happen, if we are going to have a trial it may very well not happen until after the holidays, maybe early 2011, perhaps sooner, but dont hold your breath.

    In any case this keeps us all here longer and I will never complain about that, I love you all and have enjoyed your company over the last year.


    _________________
    Ask me about $cientology, E-Meters, Xenu, The R-6 Implant, Body Thetans, Engrams and the State of Clear.
    avatar
    ziggy

    Posts : 950
    Join date : 2010-02-16
    Age : 56
    Location : Sonoma County CA

    Re: Sam in court today (June 22)

    Post by ziggy on Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:00 am

    High profile cases tend to drag on - like Percy said to let the emotions of the jury pool die down and also the defense needs a lot of time to figure out how to pull rabbits out of their hats.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Sam in court today (June 22)

    Post by Guest on Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:14 pm

    interesting article posted with some info i was not aware of that they are awaiting for other evidence: like cell phone,
    http://www.wvgazette.com/News/201006220211
    avatar
    ziggy

    Posts : 950
    Join date : 2010-02-16
    Age : 56
    Location : Sonoma County CA

    Re: Sam in court today (June 22)

    Post by ziggy on Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:28 am

    Hmm DNA I can believe but cell phone records...maybe they just haven't been turned over in discovery or something. Bown still has to assemble all this evidence and try to figure out how to attack it - and he'll have to hire experts with the taxpayer's money cuz I don't think Sam can afford that kind of defense. He's got his hands full for sure. I can see why the trial would take a bit longer to get underway.

    He seems to be doing a very good job of trying to soften or mitigate the public's view of Sam and his smirkiness; saying it's just a nervous smile and constantly saying how much remorse he has. Is stating how remorseful he is establishing his guilt? I wonder.
    avatar
    Percy
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 1274
    Join date : 2010-02-16

    Re: Sam in court today (June 22)

    Post by Percy on Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:22 am

    ziggy wrote:Hmm DNA I can believe but cell phone records...maybe they just haven't been turned over in discovery or something. Bown still has to assemble all this evidence and try to figure out how to attack it - and he'll have to hire experts with the taxpayer's money cuz I don't think Sam can afford that kind of defense. He's got his hands full for sure. I can see why the trial would take a bit longer to get underway.

    He seems to be doing a very good job of trying to soften or mitigate the public's view of Sam and his smirkiness; saying it's just a nervous smile and constantly saying how much remorse he has. Is stating how remorseful he is establishing his guilt? I wonder.
    To Zig, Bowen with the remorseful comments is bordering on malpractice and if I could reach him I would rip him a new one, no trial has taken place no guilt has been legally established by a jury and Bowen is off running his mouth about how remorseful Sam is. I will personally file an appeal on those grounds alone if Sam is convicted, its the most unprofessional and boneheaded comment, pretrial, that I have ever seen come out of a defense attorney's mouth. Why in the fuck would you say something like that when your client has yet to be found guilty and no guilt established by a jury yet. What the fuck is Sam remorseful for? He didnt doing anything thats been proven yet. I may call Bowen myself when I get the time and ask for an explanation for this.


    The only way this would be acceptable is if a guilty plea deal is agreed on already and thats another big question mark as we know.


    _________________
    Ask me about $cientology, E-Meters, Xenu, The R-6 Implant, Body Thetans, Engrams and the State of Clear.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: Sam in court today (June 22)

    Post by Guest on Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:55 am

    I want to replay the interview to see exactly what Bowen said. I agree on the surface it sounds odd. Is it possible that the evidence against Sam is so overwhelming that establishing guilt is not really an issue? Perhaps the only move the defense has is to bring up his misreable childhood and try to make him seem human enough that a jury wants to spare his life.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Sam in court today (June 22)

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:45 pm